How do I install my wireless network card in Windows?
Prior to installing this device, ensure that your operating system is up to date (for example, you have installed the most recent service pack).
To install the driver:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Right-click Setup.exe.
- Click Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- During the installation, you will be prompted to install only the drivers or also the
Ralink WLAN Utility software. If you wish to use the built-in Windows utility to set up your wireless connection, only install the drivers. If you do not wish to use the built-in Windows Utility (Zero Configuration Utility), install the Ralink WLAN Utility software.
Note: You can switch to using the Windows Utility at any time.
- Restart the computer when prompted.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation and your device should be ready to use.