How do I set up my network serial device in Windows?
Before you continue, make sure that your computer can communicate with the network serial device over your network. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: www.startech.com/faq/serial_ip_networking_issues.
To set up your network serial device, you will need to install and configure the included software. To install the driver software, complete the following:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support) and enter NETRS2321P in the Search by Product Number box.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, right-click the vcomsetup.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
To configure the software to add a virtual COM port to your computer, complete the following:
- Open VCOM from the Start Menu or Desktop.
- Click Search.
- Double-click on the server in the list. The NETRS2321P should now show under Device Info.
- In the left pane, click on COM Mapping.
- Click Add.
- Select the server in the list.
- You can leave the default settings. You can modify the COM number if necessary.