How do I reset my device to the default factory settings?
There are several different ways that you can reset these devices to the factory settings. The following steps list the methods in order of easiest to hardest to perform.
Use the included software
- Open IP-Extender Manager.
- Right-click the serial over IP device and click Advanced.
- Click Restore Defaults.
Use the web interface
- To log into the web interface for the unit, type its IP address into a web browser and enter the password. By default, the password is admin.
- Click Network Settings.
- Click Restore factory defaults and reboot device.
Note: You can reset individual ports by going into Port Configuration and clicking the Reset button underneath Port Reset.
Reset the hardware
- Disconnect all of the cables from the serial over IP device. There should not be anything plugged into it.
- Remove the four screws from the bottom of the unit.
- Remove the cover.
- Short J15 (located near the Ethernet connection) with a jumper.
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable.
- Reconnect the power cable.
- The orange light on the Ethernet connection will illuminate and the green light will stay dark.
- When the green light comes on, the hard reset procedure is complete.
- Disconnect both cables from the serial over IP device.
- Remove the jumper from J15.
- Replace the cover.
- Replace the four screws.