How do I install my network card in Windows 7 / 8 / 10? (.inf method)
Before you install the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Navigate to http://www.StarTech.com/Support and download the latest software. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- After the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, click Extract All, and complete the instructions.
- Press the Windows key+R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Right-click the Ethernet controller device, which will have a “!” or “?” next to it to indicate a driver issue.
- Click Update Driver > Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
- On the Select your device’s type from the list below screen, click Show All Devices, and click Next.
Note: The Select your device’s type from the list below screen does not appear on all systems. If you do not see this screen, skip this step.
- Select the Have Disk option.
- Browse to the Windows folder.
Note: To view your system type, click Start. Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the TN40xxmp_ file.
- Click OK > Next.