USB 3.0 Dual Hard Drive Docking Station with UASP for 2.5/3.5in SSD / HDD – SATA 6 Gbps (SDOCK2U33)
USB 3.0 Dual SATA Hard Drive Docking Station with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub UASP support and Fan - White
Dock up to two 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs in a stylish white docking station with an integrated 2-port USB 3.0 hub
Product ID: SDOCK2U33HFW
The SDOCK2U33HFW USB 3.0 Dual hard drive dock with Fast Charge USB hub enables two SATA 2.5in or 3.5in hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD) to be connected simultaneously to a computer through USB, while controlling the power status (on/off) of each individual drive independently from the other. The enclosure supports UASP and delivers optimal performance with a USB 3.0 connection, but is also backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 host connections.
The Hard Drive Dock features a built-in 2-port USB 3.0 Hub that enables you to connect up to 2 additional USB 3.0 devices to your computer through the same USB connection. One of the ports on the hub also has Fast Charging capabilities, that charges iPad’s and other mobile devices as effectively as through a wall plug. This Fast Charge Port has been specially designed for compatibility with a wide range of tablets and smartphones.
With support for UASP, the dock performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller to utilize the full potential of your SATA III hard drives. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
With support for SATA I/II/III, large capacity drives (tested up to 4TB), and 2.5in or 3.5in hard drives this HDD/SSD docking station is compatible with virtually any SATA hard drive, and greatly increases the storage/backup capabilities of your computer. Plus, configurable power management reduces energy consumption, and extends the life of your drives by avoiding unnecessary access.
The docking station features a built-in 80mm cooling fan that helps increase reliability and lifespan of HDDs by keeping the drives cooler. The variable fan speed control allows for on-the-fly adjustments for any type of HDD, or to balance cooling with noise.
Extend the value of this docking station further with the addition of our SATA to IDE Hard Drive Adapter (SAT2IDEADP), allowing easy insertion of any 2.5 or 3.5in. IDE hard drive into a SATA hard drive dock.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SDOCK2U33HFW supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
With uniform white design and sleek silver trim, the SDOCK2U33HFW will look great with your Apple® Mac® , and is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Charge your iPad and other mobile device faster than standard USB 3.0, with Fast Charge Port specially designed for compatibility with a wide range of tablets and smartphones
- Extend HDD life by keeping drives cool, with Built-in variable speed cooling fan
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
- Hassle-free access to data on up to two seperate hard drives simultaneously, with hot-swappable top slot-loading dock design that supports both 2.5in and 3.5in HDD/SSDs
System administrators who need quick access to drives for imaging
Backup data quickly to an external data archive
Easily copy data from one external drive to another in a single external dock through one USB connection
Technicians who regularly test or benchmark different hard drives and need to swap between them
IT professional that need to charge tablets and Smart phone devices
Data recovery specialists who need quick access to drives to recover/retrieve data
|Ingram Micro France||V932980|
|Chipset ID||VIA/VLI - VL812
ASMedia - ASM1053 - 6G
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Fans||1 - 80 mm|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives and 1TB 7200 RPM 2.5" hard drives|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|Other Interface(s)||1 - USB 3.0 A (Fast-Charge, 9 pin, SuperSpeed) Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Note: Certain devices may not support charging and syncing simultaneously. In these instances disconnect the device, and set the charge only switch to “on”, then reconnect the device.|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power/Activity (Drive 1)|
|1 - Power/Activity (Drive 2)|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Voltage||100 ~ 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||12 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||72|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||20%RH ~ 80%RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)|
|Color||White & Silver|
|Product Height||145 mm [5.7 in]|
|Product Length||185 mm [7.3 in]|
|Product Weight||829 g [29.3 oz]|
|Product Width||122 mm [4.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.5 kg [3.3 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDD Dock|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable (1m)|
|1 - Universal power adapter: comes ready for NA/EU/UK only when you buy in NA/EU/UK; comes ready for Australia and New Zealand only when you buy in Australia and New Zealand|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Docking Station SSD / HDD with integrated Fast Charge USB Hub and UASP For SATA 6 Gbps - White
Dock your 2.5” or 3.5” SATA SSDs/HDDs and add USB Fast Charge Capacity in a stylish white docking station
Enable fast, swappable access to your 2.5in or 3.5in SATA hard drives, through USB 3.0
Use your 2.5in or 3.5in IDE hard drives in a SATA HDD Docking Station
Add one internal and one external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to your PC
Provides safe handling and anti-static protection for most 2.5in hard drives
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 2.5in hard drive
Provide protection against shocks/impacts to a 3.5in hard drive
Drivers & Downloads
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
To determine if your hard drive will work in this device, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the device supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the device was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the device. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the device supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the device. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the docking station.
To confirm that Windows detects your USB device, complete the following:
- Press the Windows key+R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- In Device Manager, under the appropriate heading, confirm that your expansion card is listed and that there isn't an exclamation mark next to it. For example, a USB controller card would be under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Your USB device is listed according to the name of the chipset. To determine the name of the chipset of your USB device, navigate to www.StarTech.com and look on the Technical Specifications tab for your product.
To confirm that the Mac OS detects your USB device, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click About This Mac.
- Click More Info or System Report.
- Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed and that there isn't an error. For example, a network card would be under Ethernet Cards.
You may need to refresh the System Information page after you plug in your device. To do so, press Command + R with the System Information page open.
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive dock or duplicator, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- IDE, SATA, and eSATA cables
- Hard drives
- Hard drive dock or duplicator
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive dock or duplicator in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive dock or duplicator in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive dock or duplicator, it is recommended that you do the following:
Note: For a hard drive duplicator you may need to switch the device to PC mode (if available).
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- Do one of the following:
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, the hard drive needs to be reformatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
This docking station allows the hard drive to enforce its own power state, as opposed to enforcing a power state that keeps the hard drive active at all times. Since most newer hard drives have low-power energy conservation modes, this will cause the hard drive to enter an idle state if it is not used for a certain amount of time.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.