How do I install my USB video adapter in Windows XP? (.exe method)
Note: Do not physically connect the USB video adapter to your computer until you are instructed to (Step 5).
Prior to installing this device, ensure that your operating system is up to date (for example, you have installed the most recent service pack).
To install the driver:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\My Documents\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, double-click the Setup.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and restart the computer when prompted.
- Once Windows has restarted, connect the USB video adapter to your computer.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation and your device should be ready to use.
Note: Installation may take several seconds to complete. During the installation your display might flicker; this is normal. Once the installation has completed you will see your Windows desktop extended to the additional monitor.