Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter - USB Powered - Black
Mini DisplayPort™ Video Adapter | Dual-Link Connectivity | 1 x USB-A
Product ID: MDP2DVID2
- Support for any DVI-D display including televisions and Apple Cinema Display HD
- Maximum resolution up to 2560 x 1600 with Dual-Link DVI
- Powered by a single USB 2.0 port
- Simple plug-and-play installation
This Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI adapter lets you connect your Mini DisplayPort video source (such as any of your MacBook® or Microsoft® Surface™ Pro devices with mDP) to any DVI display, including televisions and Apple Cinema Display HD, saving the cost of upgrading to a Mini DisplayPort capable monitor.
With its compact, lightweight design, the Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter offers a convenient travel accessory to carry with your Surface Pro or Ultrabook, fitting easily into your laptop bag or carrying case. Its ultra-portable design makes this monitor adapter perfect for BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) applications at the office.
As well, the DVI converter is powered by a single USB port, eliminating the need for additional cords or chargers.
Uncompromised Quality and Convenience
The Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter offers an active conversion and can handle full dual-link resolutions (up to 2560 x 1600) with the ability to mirror your display or extend your desktop to increase your workspace. The adapter supports plug-and-play connectivity, ensuring a hassle-free setup.
MDP2DVID2 is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Convenient addition to a home office or boardroom
- Ideal for tradeshow displays and entertainment centers
- Perfect for large screens that use high DVI resolutions
- Ideal for using your DVI monitor as a secondary display
Ingram Micro New Zealand
|Active or Passive Adapter||Active|
|AV Input||Mini DisplayPort - 1.2|
|AV Output||DVI-D - Dual-Link|
|Chipset ID||Synaptics VMM2320|
|Industry Standards||DisplayPort 1.2a|
|Audio Specifications||DVI - No Audio Support|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||Dual Link: 2560x1600
Single Link: 1920x1080
|Supported Resolutions||2560x1600 @ 60Hz
1920x1080 @ 144Hz
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male Input|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|Connector B||1 - DVI-I (29 pin) Female Output|
|Humidity||10% to 85 % RH (no condensation)|
|Operating Temperature||0℃ to 45℃ (32°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10℃ to 70℃ (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||14.1 in [35.8 cm]|
|Product Height||0.5 in [1.3 cm]|
|Product Length||3.3 in [84 mm]|
|Product Width||2.3 in [59 mm]|
|Weight of Product||3.6 oz [103 g]|
|Package Height||1.2 in [30 mm]|
|Package Length||6.9 in [17.5 cm]|
|Package Width||5.7 in [14.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||6 oz [169 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter|
Connect a DVI display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC®
Connect your DVI monitor to a DisplayPort equipped computer using a single cable
Connect a VGA monitor to a DisplayPort-equipped PC
Connect your DVI monitor to a DisplayPort equipped computer
Connect your DVI Dual Link display to a DisplayPort® video source, for high resolution applications
Frequently Asked Questions
- Ensure you are using a DVI-D Dual-Link Cable between the Video Adapter and the Display Device.
- Open Display Preferences.
- Select the Display Device that is connected to the Video Adapter.
- Hold the Option key on the Apple keyboard (Alt key for a PC keyboard) and click Scaled. This will reveal a list of video resolutions.
- Select 2560x1600.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.