5in High Speed HDMI Adapter Cable - HDMI to HDMI Micro – F/M
Connect an HDMI® Micro-equipped Smartphone or Portable Device to your HDMI-capable TV or Display
Product ID: HDADFM5IN
- HDMI® Micro connector allows connection of portable HDMI devices to HDMI displays or TVs
- High quality design and construction for optimimum performance and portability
- All-in-one cable design for transmitting digital audio and video through a single cable
The HDADFM5IN 5-inch HDMI® to HDMI Micro Cable adapter enables you to use a standard HDMI male-to-male cable to connect your portable devices (BlackBerry® PlayBook™, Smartphones, etc.) to most video displays.
With a Standard HDMI female connector (type A) on one end and an HDMI Micro (type D) male connector on the other, you can easily make this conversion and connect to computer monitors, HDTV or HDMI projectors virtually everywhere you go.
The HDMI/HDMI Micro cable features high quality, gold-tipped connectors that ensure peak connectivity, and is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Offers an easy solution for converting a Standard HDMI® cable into an HDMI Micro cable and view your pictures and videos
- The compact design of this adapter stores nicely in any laptop bag or other type of carrying case
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty
Ingram Micro New Zealand
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Type||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Braid|
|Connector A||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|Connector B||1 - Micro HDMI (19 pin) Male|
|Cable Length||5 in [127 mm]|
|Product Height||0.4 in [10 mm]|
|Product Length||5 in [127 mm]|
|Product Weight||0.7 oz [20 g]|
|Product Width||0.8 in [20 mm]|
|Wire Gauge||34 AWG|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.9 oz [25 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 5in HDMI® to HDMI® Micro Adapter - F/M|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with an HDMI cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the HDMI cable, video source, and video destination in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different HDMI cable, video source, and video destination in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the HDMI cable, video source, and video destination, it is recommended that you do the following:
Verify that the source resolution matches the capabilities of the video source destination. For example, if the video destination is only capable of 720p, then the video source cannot output 1080p or 1920 x 1080, as that exceeds the capabilities of the video source destination.
Test at a lower resolution, for example, 1024 x 768.
If you are using 4K resolutions, test with a shorter cable.
If you are experiencing issues with audio over HDMI, ensure that the following is true:
The source is set up to output audio over HDMI.
The destination is compatible with the source's audio format.
The destination's volume was raised.
Note: HDMI to DVI cables, adapters and converters do not support audio unless otherwise noted in the Technical Specifications tab on the product page on the StarTech.com website.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.