8in 15 pin SATA Power Extension Cable
Extend SATA Power Connections by up to 8in
Product ID: SATAPOWEXT8
The SATAPOWEXT8 8-inch, 15-Pin SATA Power Extension Cable enables you to extend the reach between internal SATA power and drive connections by up to 8 inches.
The extension simplifies drive installation by overcoming typical connection limitations, and it reduces the risk of damage to the drive or motherboard SATA connectors by eliminating the need to strain or stretch the cable in order to make the necessary connection.
- Allows flexibility in cable placement when building or upgrading systems
- Extend backplane adapter connections
- Extend Drive Dock connections
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Extend the reach from the SATA power connection to your SATA drive connection by up to 8in
- Eliminates the need to bend or strain the cable to account for a lack of space
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty
Ingram Micro Sweden
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Connector A||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|Connector B||1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||203.2 mm [8 in]|
|Product Height||0.8 cm [0.3 in]|
|Product Length||203.2 mm [8 in]|
|Product Width||30 mm [1.2 in]|
|Weight of Product||17 g [0.6 oz]|
|Wire Gauge||18 AWG|
|Package Height||8 mm [0.3 in]|
|Package Length||22.5 cm [8.9 in]|
|Package Width||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||22 g [0.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 8in 15 Pin SATA Power Extension Cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with an internal power cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the power supply, computer part, and power cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different power supply, computer part, and power cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the cable is firmly inserted into both ends.
The polarity (usually indicated by the color of the cables) matches.
No pins are bent or missing on the power supply cable or header, or the computer part.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.