20in Slimline SATA Extension Cable
Extend Slimline SATA power and data connections by up to 20 inches
Product ID: SLSATA20EXT
The SLSATA20EXT Slimline SATA Extension Cable features one Slimline SATA male connector and one Slimline SATA female connector, allowing you to extend the distance/placement of slim SATA drives within a tower style computer case by 20in - in turn making it easier to position your Slimline capable peripherals (drives etc.) as needed.
Constructed of only top quality materials and designed for optimum performance and reliability the SLSATA20EXT supports full SATA 3.0 bandwidth (up to 6Gbps) when used with SATA 3.0 compliant drives and is backed by our lifetime warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Add an extra 20in to your Slimline device connection, allowing for convenient installation of your hard drives
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty, ensuring a dependable connection
Extend your Slimline optical drive connection by up to 20"
|Ingram Micro Sweden||V930883|
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Connector A||1 - Slimline SATA (13 pin, Data & Power) Plug|
|Connector B||1 - Slimline SATA (13 pin, Data & Power) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||508 mm [20 in]|
|Product Length||508 mm [20 in]|
|Product Weight||29.5 g [1 oz]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||29.5 g [1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||20in Slimline SATA Extension Cable|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.