18in 1 Port SATA to eSATA Plate Adapter
Turn a standard SATA motherboard connection into an external eSATA port
Product ID: ESATAPLT18IN
The ESATAPLT18IN 18-inch 1-port SATA to eSATA plate adapter adds external data support using an existing motherboard Serial ATA controller. Simply mount the plate to the rear panel of your computer case as an extension of the motherboard SATA data connector, in order to add a port for connecting external SATA storage devices (e.g. external eSATA hard drive).
Designed to take advantage of the increased data integrity provided by external hard drives or RAID devices that support eSATA connections, the eSATA-SATA adapter supports data transfer rates of up to 6Gbps and is backed by StarTech.com's Lifetime Warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Avoid the hassle of installing a SATA hard drive internally, by adding an external SATA port to your computer
- Guaranteed reliability
Add an external SATA (eSATA) port to your desktop computer
|Ingram Micro Sweden||V933230|
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Connector A||1 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|Connector B||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||457.2 mm [18 in]|
|Product Height||121 mm [4.8 in]|
|Product Length||457.2 mm [18 in]|
|Product Weight||38 g [1.3 oz]|
|Product Width||13 mm [0.5 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||43 g [1.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 18in 1 Port SATA to eSATA Slot Plate Bracket|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.