USB OTG Cable - Micro USB to Micro USB - M/M - 8 in.
Connect your USB On-the-Go capable tablet or phone to an external drive or other USB 2.0 device
Product ID: UUUSBOTG8IN
- Support for USB OTG (On-the-Go) capable devices
- Portable design that’s perfect for use as a tablet accessory
- Guaranteed reliability with a lifetime warranty
Now, you can download confidential information from your smartphone or tablet to an external drive, without having to use a Wi-Fi™ or mobile data connection. This 8 in. USB OTG cable gives you the perfect solution for backing up your important research and other data collected while you’re on the road.
The cable turns the Micro-USB port on your mobile device into a USB OTG host port, so that you can connect a Micro-USB drive or other Micro-USB device, such as a game controller, directly to your phone or tablet.
The OTG cable features a compact design that’s perfect for carrying as a tablet accessory.
The UUUSBOTG8IN is backed by StarTech.com’s lifetime warranty for guaranteed reliability.
Please Note: This adapter will only work with devices that support USB OTG. Please consult your documentation and/or your service provider to ensure that your device supports USB OTG functionality.
- Connect a Micro-USB external drive or other Micro-USB device, such as a game controller, directly to your Micro-USB mobile device
- Download confidential information from your mobile device directly to your external drive
- Back up research and field data to your external drive
Ingram Micro Sweden
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Type||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Braid|
|Connector A||1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB Micro-B (5 pin) Male|
|Cable Length||203.2 mm [8 in]|
|Product Length||203.2 mm [8 in]|
|Weight of Product||11.2 g [0.4 oz]|
|Wire Gauge||28 AWG|
|Package Height||10 mm [0.4 in]|
|Package Length||22.5 cm [8.9 in]|
|Package Width||12.5 cm [4.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||12.2 g [0.4 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 8in Micro-USB to Micro-USB OTG Cable - M/M|
Connect your USB On-the-Go capable tablet or phone to an external drive or other Mini-USB device
Connect your USB On-the-Go capable tablet computer or Smartphone to USB 2.0 devices (thumb drives, USB mouse or keyboard, etc.)
Connect your USB On-The-Go capable tablet computer or Smartphone to USB 2.0 devices (thumb drives, USB mouse or keyboard, etc.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB On-The-GO (OTG) allows mobile devices to act as a host for USB peripherals. To use OTG with a mobile device using a micro-USB connector, you need to use an OTG adapter to convert from the mobile device to USB.
Although many mobile devices use the micro-USB connector and the OTG adapters plug into your mobile device, the mobile device must have OTG support. OTG support is a hardware specification on your mobile device and cannot be resolved using updates of any kind.
To determine if your mobile device is OTG compliant, refer to the technical specifications of your mobile device.
When you troubleshoot issues with a USB On-The-Go (OTG) cable or adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the OTG cable, USB peripherals(s), and attached media with another mobile device to see if the problem is with the components or the mobile device.
Test the attached media on a computer system.
Use a different mobile device, USB peripheral, and USB media in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
If a USB storage device is not detected, make sure that the following is true:
The mobile device is compatible with OTG by verifying the mobile device's technical specifications.
The USB storage device is using a file system that is compatible with your mobile device (for example, NTFS).
The mobile device detects the USB storage device in a file browser (for example, Android File Manager).
If there are USB peripherals attached, such as hubs or adapters, make sure that the following is true:
The USB peripherals have drivers compatible with the operating system of the mobile device.
The USB peripherals are kept to a minimum and used only when necessary.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.