5GbE USB A to Ethernet Adapter - NBASE-T NIC - USB 3.0 Type A 2.5 GbE /5 GbE Multi Speed Gigabit Network - USB 3.1 Laptop to RJ45/LAN - SurfaceBook HP EliteBook Zbook X1 Carbon
USB LAN Adapter | IEEE 802.3bz | Mac | Windows® | Linux
Product ID: US5GA30
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: 5GbE USB A to Ethernet Adapter allows you to securely connect to high-speed Networks and is backwards compatible with existing Gigabit LANs
- 5GBASE-T & 2.5GBASE-T: USB 3.1 Ethernet adapter offers bandwidth for content creators & power users on high performance Laptops/Workstations e.g. Surface Book Dell Precision EliteBook/ZBook X1 Carbon
- USB 3.0/3.1 Type-A | 1x RJ45 | 5 Gbps Multi-Gigabit | 4 Speed 100Mbps/1G/2.5G/5G Auto-Negotiation | Marvell AQC111U | NBASE-T/5GBASE-T | 16K Jumbo Frame | WoL | VLAN | USB Powered | 2Yr Warranty
Add 5G network access to your laptop, using a USB A port. This USB 3.0 Type A to Gigabit network adapter gives you wired Ethernet network and Internet access. The NBASE-T adapter is 4-speed compatible, including IEEE 802.3bz (2.5G/5GBASE-T), IEEE 802.3U (100BASE-TX) and 802.3ab (1000BASE-T).
Powerful 5 Gigabit Network Connections
Ideal for office or home use, the network adapter supports full 5 Gigabit bandwidth by harnessing the performance of USB 3.0. You can quickly access very large files over a 5 Gigabit network (using CAT6 cabling), saving valuable time every day.
Native Driver Support Makes Installation Easy
Get up and running quickly. Simply plug this USB-A to Ethernet adapter into the USB port on your laptop and connect to your network. The Aquantia AQC111U chipset provides native driver support for Mac OS and Linux. Any Windows operating systems without the driver will be automatically prompted to download the software directly from the adapter, ensuring a quick installation with no Internet access required.
Compact & Lightweight for Perfect Portability
Compact and portable, this USB Gigabit network adapter is the ideal desktop network adapter or laptop accessory. You don’t have to carry a power adapter with you to use it, because it’s powered directly from the host USB port.
The Choice of IT Pros Since 1985
StarTech.com conducts thorough compatibility and performance testing on all our products to ensure we are meeting or exceeding industry standards and providing high-quality products to IT Professionals. Our local StarTech.com Technical Advisors have broad product expertise and work directly with our StarTech.com Engineers to provide support for our customers both pre and post-sales.
The US5GA30 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Ingram Micro Sweden
|Bus Type||USB 3.1 Gen 1|
|Chipset ID||Aquantia - AQC111U|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|IEEE 802.1q VLAN Tagging|
|IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX|
|IEEE 802.3bz 2.5GBase-T/5GBase-T|
|Interface||RJ45 (Gigabit Ethernet)|
|Compatible Networks||5G/2.5G/1G/100 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||16K max.|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 1 - 5 Gbit/s|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) Plug|
|1 - RJ-45 Receptacle|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 10 Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Windows Server 2016 Windows Server 2008 R2 Windows Server 2012 R2 Windows Server 2019 Linux Kernel 4.4 - 4.19 (LTS versions only) Mac OS 10.11 - 10.15|
|LED Indicators||1 - Green/Amber: Link Speed|
|1 - Green LED: Link/Activity|
|Humidity||5% to 90 % RH (no condensation)|
|Operating Temperature||0 ℃ to 70℃|
|Storage Temperature||‐10 ℃ to ~ 80℃|
|Product Height||2.4 cm [0.9 in]|
|Product Length||28.5 cm [11.2 in]|
|Product Width||38.9 mm [1.5 in]|
|Weight of Product||81 g [2.9 oz]|
|Package Height||30 mm [1.2 in]|
|Package Length||142 mm [5.6 in]|
|Package Width||17 cm [6.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||108 g [3.8 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB Network Adapter|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
- [Aquantia AQC111U] Windows USB Ethernet Drivers.zip Version: 188.8.131.52
Frequently Asked Questions
This adapter currently uses the native driver from macOS which does not support manually setting its speed to 2.5Gbps or 5Gbps. The highest speed available will be automatically negotiated by the adapter. If you wish to Manually Set it to a 2.5Gbps or 5Gbps, we recommend setting the speed from the Upstream Network Connection.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.