USB to Infrared IrDA Adapter
Add an IrDA infrared data port to a computer through USB
Product ID: USB2IR3
The USB2IR3 USB to IR Adapter turns a USB port into an IrDA compliant infrared port for communication with a wide variety of IrDA compliant devices, such as PDAs, cell phones, test equipment and medical instruments.
A compact and low-powered design that works over a range of up to 1 meter, line of sight, and supports FIR (4 Mbps), MIR (1.15 Mbps), SIR (115.6 Kbps) and ASKIR (56 Kbps) modes for compatibility with a wide range of infrared devices.
The USB-IR adapter is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Support for FIR, MIR, SIR and ASKIR modes ensures broad compatibilty with IrDA devices, in a compact and portable form factor
- Line of sight communication range of up to 1 meter, suitable for the most commonly used infrared devices
- Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support
- The infrared adapter is powered through the USB connection, which enables you to use the adapter without an external power source/adapter
- Create a wireless infrared connection between an IrDA-enabled portable device and a USB-enabled computer, for a simple way to transfer photos/files
- Retrieve data from older IrDA-capable devices such as handheld PCs/PDAs, cell phones, digital cameras, etc.
- Downloading data from IrDA-enabled medical equipment or industrial test equipment
|Chipset ID||Sigmatel - STir4200|
|Industry Standards||IrDA v1.1|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||FIR: 4 Mbps MIR: 1.15 Mbps SIR: 115 Kbps ASKIR: 56 Kbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 1.1 - 12 Mbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - IrDA (Infrared, SIR/FIR)|
|1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 8 / 8.1 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), Vista(32/64), XP(32/64), 2000|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB port|
|LED Indicators||1 - Link/ Activity|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 80°C (-13°F to 176°F)|
|Product Height||0.4 in [10 mm]|
|Product Length||2 in [50 mm]|
|Product Weight||0.2 oz [6.3 g]|
|Product Width||0.7 in [18 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.9 oz [81 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to IR Adapter|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.