Hot Swap SATA/SAS Backplane RAID Bays – 3 Hard Drive Mobile Rack
Hot Swap up to three 3.5in SAS or SATA hard drives in and out of this removable backplane; features 3-in-2 design, that requires only two 5.25in drive bays
Fully supports SAS revision 1/2 (3.0/6.0 Gbps) hard drives and controllers
Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
Supports 2.5" and 3.5" form factor SAS or SATA hard drives
The SATSASBAY3BK SAS/SATA Backplane offers an easy-to-use and cost-effective SATA hot swap solution and features a sturdy and compact 3-in-2 design that lets you install up to three 2.5"/3.5" SATA or SAS hard drives into only two 5.25in bays.
With support for SATA/SAS HDD the mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
The SATSASBAY3BK is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Full support for both SAS and SATA drives enables the right type of drive for any application to be used
- Aluminum construction with an 80mm cooling fan ensures optimal heat dissipation for all of the drives
- Built-in audible warnings and LED status indicators keep you aware of the status of the drives at all time
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
Common Customer Questions
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- Replace or upgrade old IDE or SATA backplanes with a SAS/SATA backplane
- Backup systems where physically removing the backed up data from the system is required
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
|ASI Distribution USA||86367|
|D and H||SATSASBAY3BK|
|Ingram Micro USA||BH4487|
|Compatible Drive Types||SAS & SATA|
|Drive Size||2.5in & 3.5in|
|Fans||1 - 80 mm|
|Number of Drives||3|
|Regulatory Approvals||UL94 V-0 Rated|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Drive Connectors||3 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|2 - LP4 (4 pin, Molex Large Drive Power) Male|
|2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Plug|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||If using SFF-8484 SAS controller for SAS Hard Drives, use StarTech.com SAS cable SAS84S450|
|System and Cable Requirements||Two free 5.25" drive bays|
|3 x Available SAS or SATA ports|
|LED Indicators||1 - Over Heating Alarm (Flashing Red - Temperature Warring, Reset sensor and alarm)|
|3 - Hard Drive Indicator (Green - Power, Orange/Red Blinking - Activity)|
|Humidity||90% RH at 30°C|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-15°C to 75°C (-59°F to 167°F)|
|Enclosure Type||Aluminum and Steel|
|Product Height||3.4 in [86 mm]|
|Product Length||8 in [202 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.7 lb [1.2 kg]|
|Product Width||5.7 in [146 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.2 lb [1.4 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - SAS/SATA Backplane|
|3 - SATA cables|
|1 - Package of assemble screws|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Hot swap up to four 3.5in SATA hard drives in seconds
Hot-swap any 3.5in SATA hard drive easily from any computer with a 5.25in bay
Easy, trayless removal and insertion of dual 2.5in SATA hard drives from single 3.5in bay
SATA Cables (5)
Power your Internal SATA hard drive from an LP4 / Molex connector on your Power Supply
This high quality SATA cable is designed for connecting SATA drives even in tight spaces.
Connect and position SATA drives easily - designed for larger cases
Make a right-angled connection to your SATA drive, for installation in tight spaces
Mobile Racks/Hard Drive Backplanes (1)
Keep extra hard drives ready for use with the SATSASBAY3BK
SAS Cables (1)
Connect a SATA/SAS Controller to 4 SATA drives
Computer Power Cables - Internal (2)
Power a SATA device and an LP4 device from a single LP4 power supply connector
Power an IDE hard drive from a SATA Power connection.
SATA Controller Cards (1)
Add 4 SATA ports to your PC through a PCI expansion slot, with support for high-performance RAID array installation
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the SATSASBAY3BK. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- Can I convert a SAS drive to SATA with this mobile rack?
- Everything is hooked up, but nothing is working. What do I do?
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - Hot Swap SATA/SAS Backplane RAID Bays – 3 Hard Drive Mobile Rack
360° View Gallery