Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter with USB Audio
Connect an HDMI® display to a Mini-DisplayPort® source with audio
USB Audio pass-through to HDMI® cable
Supports HDTV resolutions up to 1080p
Easy to use cable, no software required
Compatible with Intel® Thunderbolt™
The MDP2HDMIUSBA Mini DisplayPort® with USB Audio to HDMI® Adapter offers a cost-effective HDMI with audio to Mini DisplayPort link, letting you connect an HDMI-capable HDTV to a device with a Mini DisplayPort output, while saving the expense of upgrading the TV for compatibility.
Simply plug in the USB and Mini DisplayPort connectors to a PC or Mac® and the HDMI connector to an HDMI television/monitor. 2-Channel analog audio will pass through to the HDMI connection, delivering sound to the display side, with the convenience of one HDMI cable.
MDP2HDMIUSBA is a passive adapter that requires a DP++ port (DisplayPort++), meaning that DVI and HDMI signals can also be passed through the port.
Compatible with Intel® Thunderbolt™, when connected directly to a supporting DisplayPort over Thunderbolt™ I/O port.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Mini DisplayPort® video and USB audio pass-through to one HDMI® cable allows you to take advantage of your Audio/Video devices with less clutter
- MDP2HDMIUSBA is ideal for PCs and Mac® computers equipped with Mini DisplayPort ports
Common Customer Questions
- The Mini DisplayPort® to HDMI® adapter allows for an easy and hassle free connection to any HDMI HDTV or display from a PC or Mac.
- Use your DisplayPort and USB port for video and audio pass-through to one HDMI cable.
- Deliver audio/video content from your PC or Mac to your A/V devices (HDTV or receiver) for a larger and louder viewing.
|Ingram Micro Canada||65949M|
|Tech Data Canada||24145V|
|ASI Distribution Canada||104644|
|Industry Standards||DisplayPort 1.1a
|Audio Specifications||Analog / Two channel stereo audio|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||1920x1200 / 1080p|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female|
|1 - USB A (4 pin) Male|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||DP++ port (DisplayPort ++) required on video card or video source (DVI and HDMI pass-through must be supported)|
|LED Indicators||1 - Red - Power|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||0.4 in [10 mm]|
|Product Length||30 in [762 mm]|
|Product Weight||3.2 oz [90 g]|
|Product Width||2.2 in [56 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||3.2 oz [90 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Mini DisplayPort and USB Audio to HDMI Adapter|
Connect your VGA monitor to a Mini DisplayPort equipped computer
Connect a DVI display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC®
Connect an HDMI® enabled display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC
Connect your VGA monitor to a DisplayPort equipped computer
Connect a DVI monitor to a single-mode DisplayPort output from your computer
Connect your HDMI® monitor or HDTV to a DisplayPort® equipped computer
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the MDP2HDMIUSBA. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- Does this device also convert in the opposite direction?
- What is the difference between a passive and active DisplayPort converter?
- Does this device require me to install drivers, or perform any other setup tasks?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and there is no error on the monitor. What do I do?
- The monitor is not getting a signal and the monitor says “Out of Range.” What do I do?
- Why is my DisplayPort converter not passing audio?
Drivers & Downloads
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Startech.com - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter with USB Audio