How do I install my USB video adapter in Mac OSX 10.8.x - 10.12.x, or 10.14.x?
Note: Do not physically connect the USB video adapter to your computer until instructed to (Step 7).
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Mac OS X will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, hard_drive_name\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Double-click the DisplayLink.zip file.
- Double-click the MAC OS folder.
- Double-click the appropriate folder for your operating system.
- Double-click the DisplayLink Installer 75598.dmg file.
- Follow the prompts to install the new drivers. Restart the computer when prompted.
- Once Mac OS X has restarted, connect the USB video adapter to your computer.
Note: Installation might take several seconds to complete. During the installation your display might flicker; this is normal. Once the installation has completed you will see your Macintosh desktop extended to the additional monitor.