Compact HDBaseT Transmitter - HDMI over CAT5 - USB Powered - Up to 4K
Extend HDMI to an HDBaseT display or receiver over Cat5e or CAT6 cabling
Product ID: ST121HDBTD
- Installs easily and discreetly, with a compact transmitter that's USB powered and features a built-in HDMI cable
- Maintains astonishing picture quality up to 130 feet away, with support for UltraHD 4K over non-proprietary CAT5e or CAT6 cabling
- Ensures compatibility with your existing HDBaseT hardware, with HDCP compliance
This compact transmitter uses HDBaseT™ technology to extend your HDMI® signal up to 230 feet (70 meters) over a single CAT5e or CAT6 cable, to an HDBaseT display, projector or receiver (sold separately). The transmitter supports Ultra HD and Full HD video resolutions (4K and 1080p), with support for the accompanying digital 7.1 audio.
Easy and discreet installation
For a simple and tidy installation, the HDBaseT transmitter features a small footprint and a built-in HDMI cable that connects directly to your video source, reducing clutter by eliminating the need for an HDMI cable at your local source. The transmitter is powered using USB, which means you can use a USB port on your source device to power the transmitter, which is perfect for extending from areas where power outlets may be limited.
Use your own HDBaseT display, projector or receiver
The compact transmitter works seamlessly with other HDBaseT equipment, such as HDBaseT displays, projectors, and receivers. The simplicity and versatility of this compact transmitter make it the ideal solution for transmitting an HDBaseT signal to a boardroom or classroom projector, enabling presenters in your office to quickly connect their laptop computer and share presentations or data sheets.
Seamless integration with your existing infrastructure
This transmitter extends HDMI and 7.1 surround sound over a single cable, unlike some HDMI extenders that require two cables and only offer minimal audio support. Extending HDMI with one cable reduces potential failure points while also lowering your cost in cabling.
Plus, because the HDBaseT transmitter uses standard network cables, it works with existing Ethernet infrastructures. This makes it the perfect solution for deploying digital signage in large buildings such as shopping centers, stadiums, schools or hospitals.
Astonishing 4K picture quality from an impressive distance
With high-quality HDMI cables beginning signal degradation at 30 feet, it can be difficult to maintain the brilliance of 4K video even at shorter distances. But with HDBaseT you’ll be amazed at how your Ultra HD picture, four times the resolution of high-definition 1080p, is just as brilliant, even at distances up to 130 feet from your video source.
Even if you're not running 4K, HDBaseT supports High-Definition 1080p and lower resolutions at even greater distances, up to 230 feet from your source, giving you piece of mind to know that this extender will comfortably work with any HDMI video source and display.
What is HDBaseT?
HDBaseT is a standardized, zero-latency, video distribution technology that’s revolutionizing HDMI distribution. HDBaseT uses an advanced method of modulation that enables you to distribute uncompressed HDMI audio and video along with additional signals, over a single Ethernet cable. Offering greater versatility than traditional HDMI extenders and longer distances than HDMI cables alone, HDBaseT is the clear choice for every integrator and system designer, because it can do so much, with just a single cable.
The ST121HDBTD is backed by a 2-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Transmits your HDMI video signal from a secure location to a remote HDBaseT display, projector or receiver, in a convenient, customer-facing viewing area
- Turns your HDMI video source into an HDBaseT signal that can be used to create brilliant digital signage displays in hospitals, shopping centers or restaurants
- Replaces a defective HDBaseT transmitter in your existing HDBaseT infrastructure
|Cabling||Cat 5e UTP or better|
|Audio Specifications||7.1 Surround Sound|
|Max Distance||70 m / 230 ft|
|Maximum Cable Length||0.1 m [0.2 ft]|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||4096 x 2160 (4K) @ 30 Hz|
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Female Input|
|1 - RJ-45 Female Output|
|Humidity||0% - 80 % RH (non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||2.5 cm [1 in]|
|Product Length||31 cm [12.2 in]|
|Product Width||35 mm [1.4 in]|
|Weight of Product||108 g [3.8 oz]|
|Package Height||47 mm [1.9 in]|
|Package Length||15.6 cm [6.1 in]|
|Package Width||99 mm [3.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 kg [0.5 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - HDMI transmitter|
|1 - 4.3 ft. [1.3 m] USB cable for power|
|1 - quick start guide|
Extend HDMI up to 330ft (100m) over CAT5/CAT6 cable with Power over Cable to Receiver
Extend HDMI® up to 230ft (70m) over a single CAT5e/6 cable with Power over Cable to Receiver
Extend an HDMI® video and audio over standard CAT5 cabling, with support for RS232 Serial and Infrared control
Extend Ultra HD 4K video, an IR signal and four USB devices to a remote location, with power over cable
HDBaseT Extender Kit | 7.1 Audio | Mounting Hardware Included | Up to 70 m (230 ft.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
If you need to use a video extender with a video adapter or converter, you should position the adapter or converter as close to the video source as possible. For example, if you need to take a VGA signal from a computer and send it 200 feet to an HDMI® projector, you should convert the signal from VGA to HDMI and use an HDMI extender.
Note: For more information on when to use cables or extenders, see the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/video_signal_converters_when_to_convert.
Yes, this video extender works with set-top boxes, provided the set-top box meets the following requirements:
- The set-top box must be High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) compliant.
- The set-top box must support devices being connected between the video source and display. If the set-top box requires a direct cable connection between the video source and display, it won't work with this video extender.
No, this device is designed to be a point-to-point solution using networking cabling only.
This device outputs HDMI video signals. If you have a display or video destination that uses another type of video connection, there are ways that you can convert the video signal or connection. These options are outlined below and organized by the target connection.
When you consider whether to convert an HDMI video signal to another connection type, it is important to know if the media that is being converted from the HDMI video connection is protected by High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). If the media is protected by HDCP, you cannot convert to analog video connections because they do not support HDCP. You may experience this issue when you use devices like Blu-ray players, DVD players, and certain gaming consoles.
|VGA||HDMI to VGA: https://www.startech.com/AV/Converters/Video/?filter_AVINPUT=HDMI&filter_AVOUTPUT=VGA.|
|DisplayPort||HDMI to DisplayPort: https://www.startech.com/AV/Converters/Video/?filter_AVINPUT=HDMI&filter_AVOUTPUT=DisplayPort.|
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.