4-Port USB-C Hub - Mini Hub - USB-C to 4x USB-A - USB 2.0
Add four USB 2.0 ports to your USB Type-C laptop with this portable hub
Product ID: ST4200MINIC
- Adds additional USB 2.0, USB Type-A ports to your laptop
- Compact, lightweight housing with a small-footprint design for travel or desktop placement
- USB bus-powered and features a built-in cable, so you can carry the hub with you anywhere
- Fast, easy installation with broad OS support and no additional drivers required
This portable USB hub expands your laptop or desktop connectivity by adding four USB 2.0 (Type-A) ports through a single USB Type-C™ or Thunderbolt™ 3 port. And, because it’s USB bus-powered, you don’t need to connect an external power adapter, which makes travel more convenient and workstations less cluttered.
Add USB ports, virtually anywhere you go
With its compact and lightweight construction, this 4-port USB hub is designed for mobility. You can easily tuck it into your laptop bag when you're traveling, which makes it easy to expand your connection options almost anywhere you need to. It’s perfect for connecting common USB devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or flash drive, right when you need them.
The hub takes up minimal desk space and fits perfectly in hot-desk or BYOD environments.
Bus-powered design makes travel more convenient
This versatile USB-C hub is bus-powered, which means it draws its power directly from your computer’s USB-C port. This means there are fewer cables to carry with you when you travel because it doesn’t need an external power adapter.
Universally supported, for easy installation
This USB 2.0 hub will work with a wide range of computers because it requires no additional software or drivers. It installs automatically when you connect it to your laptop or desktop, so you can be up and running quickly. It also works with a range of operating systems such as Windows®, macOS, Linux® and Chrome OS™, so it’s multi-platform compatible.
The ST4200MINIC is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Use the USB-C hub on your port-limited laptop, MacBook Pro, Ultrabook™, or Chromebook Pixel™ to expand your connection options by adding extra USB-A ports
- Carry the hub with you while you're traveling, and connect your USB devices wherever you go
- Perfect for home, office, and hot-desk environments
|Industry Standards||USB 2.0|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||480 Mbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 2.0 - 480 Mbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||4 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Female|
|1 - USB Type-C (24-pin) USB 2.0 (480Mbps) Male|
|OS Compatibility||OS Independent; No additional drivers or software required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available USB Type-A port - USB 2.0 (480Gbps)|
|Humidity||5~90% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||160 mm [6.3 in]|
|Product Height||14.5 mm [0.6 in]|
|Product Length||185 mm [7.3 in]|
|Product Weight||35 g [1.2 oz]|
|Product Width||80 mm [3.1 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||105 g [3.7 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C hub|
Provides 4 external USB 2.0 ports in a compact and portable form factor
Add four rugged external USB 2.0 ports from a single USB connection
Add 7 external, wall/DIN rail mountable USB 2.0 ports from a single USB connection
Add four USB 3.0 (5Gbps) ports to your MacBook, using this silver, Apple style hub with an extended-length cable
Charge and Sync your Apple® Lightning-equipped devices over longer distances
Charge and Sync your Apple® Lightning-equipped devices with reduced clutter
Connect your USB Type-C devices to your computer, over longer distances
Connect your USB Type-C devices to your laptop or desktop computer
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
It is possible to use some USB hubs without a power supply, however, doing so may prevent certain high-power USB peripherals from operating.
When a power adapter is not used on a hub that comes with a power adapter, power is drawn from the USB port on the computer and then divided between the ports on the hub. This reduces the power delivery to individual ports and high-powered USB peripherals, such as external hard drives, may not start.
On USB hubs that can use a power adapter, more power can be supplied to USB ports than what is possible with a single USB port.
If your USB peripherals require power adapters, they probably do not require power from the USB port and can be used on a USB hub without a power adapter. With USB peripherals that use power adapters, the USB ports on the hub are only used for data transfer and do not draw power from the hub.
USB peripherals that require low power (for example, keyboards and mice) can be used on hubs without a power adapter, in conjunction with other low-power USB peripherals. In this case, power is drawn from the computer's USB port, as described above.
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.