3.5in Drive Bay IDE to Single CF SSD Adapter Card Reader
Connect a CF card to a computer through an IDE connector
Product ID: 35BAYCF2IDE
This Compact Flash IDE adapter is a perfect solution for accessing CompactFlash (CF I, CF II) and IBM Micro Drive media, allowing you to access the flash/micro drive media as if it were an IDE hard drive.
The CF/IDE adapter can be installed in the computer case through simple mounting in an available 3.5in drive bay, for connection to the computer IDE bus through either a 40 or 44-pin connection.
Designed and constructed to provide a reliable media card platform, the CF IDE adapter is backed by StarTech.com's 2-year warranty.
- Use your compact flash card as a bootable and removable device
- Excellent for swapping operating systems quickly without having to take your computer apart.
- Connect your compact flash card to a 40 or 44 pin IDE slot
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Quick and driver free installation into any IDE 40 pin and 44 pin slot
- Easily swap cards in and out with built-in push button ejector
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||133 MBps|
|Memory Media Type||CF (Compact Flash I/II Card)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - CompactFlash (50 pin) Slot|
|Host Connectors||1 - IDE (40 Pin, EIDE/PATA) Male|
|1 - SP4 (4 pin, Small Drive Power) Male|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||This product does not support hot-swapping of flash cards while the PC is powered on. You must turn-off your computer to switch cards.|
|Humidity||5% ~ 85% RH|
|Operating Temperature||-55°C to 85°C (-67°F to 185°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-55°C to 85°C (-67°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||25 mm [1 in]|
|Product Length||97 mm [3.8 in]|
|Product Weight||129 g [4.6 oz]|
|Product Width||100 mm [3.9 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||215 g [7.6 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Compact Flash to IDE Adapter|
|1 - 3.5” Enclosure|
|1 - Full Profile Expansion Slot Bracket|
|1 - SP4 to LP4 Molex Power Cable|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Note: For more information on how to detect an IDE hard drive, visit http://www.startech.com/faq/hard_drive_accessories_ide_detection.
Older IDE drives are not supported by current StarTech.com products. Typically, these drives were made earlier than the mid-to-late 1990s and are smaller than 1 Gigabyte in size.
There are a number of reasons that older IDE drives may not be detected, including the following:
The drive uses PIO (Programmed Input/Output) mode and not DMA (Direct Memory Access).
The drive is non-ATA or is using an ATA mode that predates the chipset's compatibility (usually older than ATA-4).
The sector size is not 512 bytes.
Unfortunately there is no workaround in these situations. An older system or an older IDE controller card must be used to access older IDE drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.