1-Port Gigabit PoE+ Extender - 802.3at and 802.3af - 100 m (330 ft)
Scale your Power over Ethernet connection by 100m, or daisy chain up to four extenders for longer distance
Product ID: POEEXT1GAT
- Deploy and access your Gigabit PoE-powered devices (PD) further away
- Extend your PoE PDs over longer distances by daisy-chaining four extenders up to 500m (1640ft) total range (reduced power output at each connection)
- Compact, wall-mountable, and rugged metal housing for convenience and reliability
This Gigabit PoE+ extender spans your Power over Ethernet (PoE) device over longer distances, letting you double the 100m limitations of a traditional PoE infrastructure.
Now you can connect your Gigabit PoE device up to a maximum of 200m away, so it’s easy to install a remote IP camera or access point. Plus the extender can be daisy-chained for more scalability.
Unrestricted PoE+ range and convenience
Need more distance? This convenient PoE+ repeater maximizes range and flexibility by extending your PoE connection by an extra 100m (330ft), while providing 24-watt power output to compatible devices.
Simply connect the extender to your power sourcing equipment (PSE) and your PoE-powered device (PD) and you’re all set. The extender is compliant with the 802.3at/af standard, so it will work with existing PSE, such as a StarTech.com PoE+ injector (POEINJ1G) or PoE+ switch (IES81000POE).
Daisy chain for longer distance and flexibility
Still need more distance? If an extra 100m isn’t enough, this full-featured PoE extender offers daisy chain capability.
You can easily connect four extenders together, letting you install your PoE+ PD up to 500m (1640ft) away. It’s perfect for business, education, and retail environments (output wattage is dependent on the number of daisy-chained extenders used).
Convenient installation options and durable construction
Get up and running quickly. This Gigabit PoE+ extender can be positioned right where you need it, with a wall-mountable design that requires no external power adapter.
You can enjoy reliable performance with little worry of downtime or failure, the extender features a rugged metal housing with built-in ESD and surge protection.
The POEEXT1GAT is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Ideal for Wi-Fi® access points, IP phones, surveillance cameras, and kiosks where a power connection is not available
Enable remote installation of PoE+ devices over longer distance than conventional PoE range capabilities
Perfect for SOHO, SMB, system integrators, and IT administrators
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3af PoE, IEEE 802.3at PoE+|
|IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Flow Control||Half-duplex back-pressure
IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full-duplex
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||No|
|Maximum Cable Length||100 m [328 ft]|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||2 Gbps (Full-Duplex)|
|Power Output||One extender - 24W
Power Output: Two extender daisy chain - 20W
Power Output: Three extender daisy chain - 16W
Power Output: Four extender daisy chain - 12W
|Surge Protection||EN61000-4-2 (ESD) - 2kV
EN61000-4-5 (Surge) - 2kV
|Connector Type(s)||2 - RJ-45 Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Total extension distances can often be shorter due to power delivery voltage-drop on the connected cables. Maximum distances can vary based on the quality of the UTP cables and the environment.|
|You may daisy chain up to 4 POEEXT1GAT units total, for a maximum of 500m. The 4th unit will supply IEEE 802.3af up to 12W output.|
|Patents and Licenses||The following patents are licensed for this product. This list might not be all inclusive.
• United States Patent No. 5,406,260 (expired)
• United States Patent No. 6,650,622
• United States Patent No. 7,457,250
• United States Patent No. 8,155,012
• United States Patent No. 8,902,760
• United States Patent No. 8,942,107
• United States Patent No. 9,019,838
• United States Patent No. 9,049,019
• United States Patent Application No. 14/695,456
• United States Patent Application No. 14/726,940
|System and Cable Requirements||If your connected device does not meet the IEEE 802.3af or IEEE 802.3at PoE standard, then the POEEXT1GAT will not pass-through power to the connected device / Ethernet cable.|
|LED Indicators||1 - PoE IN|
|1 - LNK/ACT|
|1 - PoE OUT|
|Output Voltage||52 ~ 56 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||3.2 W Max|
|Humidity||5~95% RH (Non-Condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 85°C (14°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||25 mm [1 in]|
|Product Length||94 mm [3.7 in]|
|Product Weight||193 g [6.8 oz]|
|Product Width||69 mm [2.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||343 g [12.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Gigabit Power over Ethernet extender|
|1 - instruction manual|
Scale your 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network 1km over RJ11 phone lines and remotely connect four RJ45 network devices
Extend an Ethernet network over Coaxial cable up to 1.5 miles (2.4km)
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
Make reliable Ethernet connections in applications requiring CMR-rated cable
6 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Ethernet Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports and Voltage Regulation - DIN Rail / Wall-Mountable
Connect Gigabit Ethernet data and power to 4 PoE-enabled devices, with 2 additional GbE ports and redundant power input
8 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Power over Ethernet Switch - 802.3af/at PoE+ Switch - Wall Mountable
Connect power and Gigabit Ethernet data to 8 PoE-enabled devices, with 30W per-port output - Wall Mountable
Deliver power and data to four Power over Ethernet devices using this wall-mountable PoE+ midspan hub
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.