12U Slide-Out Server Rack - Rotating - 4-Post Rack
Store your servers and network equipment in an open-frame, pull-out rack that you can rotate for easy access
Product ID: PORACK12U
- Slide-out design lets you manage your rack-mounted equipment easily
- Comes in a flat-pack, making it easy to transport and reducing shipping costs
- Open frame provides passive cooling for equipment
- Store your servers out of the way in a cabinet or cupboard
This 12U slide-out server rack helps you save space while keeping your rack-mount equipment organized and accessible. The compact open-frame rack is easy to pull out and rotate, which makes it easy to install and access your equipment or perform maintenance when needed.
The rack supports a total load capacity of 125 lb. (56.7 kg).
Save space in your office or server room
The rack helps you save valuable floor space. It’s designed for installation in small areas such as below a table or in a cabinet or cupboard. Its versatility makes this the perfect rack for storing your servers in a boardroom, small office/home office, restaurant or any place where space is at a premium.
Keep your equipment cool and accessible
For easy equipment installation and maintenance, the 12U server rack’s base is on sliding rails, which means it’s easier to access the back of your equipment. With its open-frame design, the rack not only maximizes accessibility but also offers unobstructed airflow to your equipment, providing passive cooling to keep your rack-mounted equipment running at optimal temperatures.
Save money on shipping
The rack comes in a flat-packed box, which reduces shipping volume and significantly lowers cost when compared to racks that ship fully assembled. Plus, because the rack is packaged efficiently, it’s easy to transport and store.
The PORACK12U is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Durable storage for rackmount servers, KVM switches, and networking equipment
- Suitable for rackmount equipment where security at the rack level is not required
- Rack-mounting A/V equipment in a radio or television studio
|Adjustable Mounting Rails||No|
|Frame Type||Open Frame|
|Front Door Construction||Open|
|Front Door Key Lock||No|
|Ladder Offset||0 mm [0 in]|
|Number and Type of Included Cage Nuts||48 - M5|
|Weight Capacity (Stationary)||56.7 kg [125.3 lb]|
|Internal Height||53.4 cm [21 in]|
|Internal Width||45.1 cm [17.8 in]|
|Maximum Mounting Depth||42.5 cm [16.7 in]|
|Product Height||61.5 cm [24.2 in]|
|Product Length||56.8 cm [22.4 in]|
|Product Weight||23.4 kg [51.6 lb]|
|Product Width||48.7 cm [19.2 in]|
|Flat Pack (Assembly Required)||Yes|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||26.6 kg [58.7 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - sliding tray|
|1 - top bracket|
|6 - vertical rails|
|1 - stabilizing plate|
|1 - security plate|
|4 - narrow cable managers|
|1 - cable manager|
|2 - thumbscrews|
|24 - assembly screws|
|24 - assembly nuts|
|48 - M5 cage nuts|
|48 - M5 screws|
|1 - instruction manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
If a server rack accessory is listed on a server rack's product page under the Accessories tab, it will fit in the server rack.
Server racks offered by StarTech.com have an industry standard width of 19 inches, but can have varying height and depth. The mounting depth is important when you choose a shelf to be used as an accessory. Shelves that mount on all four corners of a server rack, such as 4-post server racks and cabinet server racks, will all have a maximum mounting depth. Many of these server racks and shelves are adjustable, which means that there will be a minimum and maximum mounting depth. This information can be found on individual product pages under the Technical Specifications tab. It is important that the depth of the shelf is compatible with the server rack's minimum and maximum mounting depths so that it can be mounted. If a shelf only mounts on the front on a server rack, the mounting depth is not relevant as long as there is enough clearance behind the mounting point to accommodate the full depth of the shelf.
Server racks are a great way to organize small spaces that require a lot of technology packed into them. However, there are a few important things you need to keep in mind before making a purchase. Today we will be explaining what a U is, and the differences between 2 and 4-post and open and closed server racks. We will also be covering what minimum and maximum mounting depth mean to you.
A server rack unit, or U, is a unit of measurement used to describe the amount of equipment space a server rack has. A U is 1.75 inches or 44.45mm high. An 8u rack has 8 units of vertical server rack space.
Note: Equipment can be more than 1U in size.
When you purchase server rack accessories they will list their size in U’s. Make sure the server rack has space to accommodate the accessory.
StarTech.com sells 2-post and 4-post server racks. 2-post racks take up less space but generally do not have as high of a weight capacity.
4-post server racks can be open or closed. Open racks are more accessible than closed racks, while closed racks can be locked for security purposes. Closed racks can include glass or mesh variations. closed server racks are generally better at reducing equipment noise and also limit external access. Mesh server racks provide better unmanaged airflow.
Adjustable 4-post server racks have a minimum and maximum mounting depth. The minimum mounting depth is the shallowest you can construct it. The maximum mounting depth is the longest measurement a product can be while still fitting in the server rack. If the server rack is adjustable, this measurement is also the deepest it can be constructed. Keep in mind that when you install equipment that is close to the maximum mounting depth, there will be little to no room for cable management at the back of the rack.
Server rack accessories my have their own minimum and maximum mounting depths listed on the product page under the technical specifications tab. It is recommended that you confirm these measurements will work with your server rack.
You should consider the following things when shopping for server racks:
- You can mount equipment on both sides of a 4-post rack, provided the combined measurements of both items are under the server rack's maximum mounting depth.
- Decide if you want casters on your server rack, want your rack bolted to the floor, or if you want to leave it free standing. StarTech.com offers racks that come with casters and racks that you can bolt to the floor. StarTech.com also sells casters separately. Casters that fit on your server rack will appear on the StarTech.com product page under accessories.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.