Before you install the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website at http://www.startech.com/Support. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\My Documents\Downloads).
- After the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, click Extract All, and complete the instructions.
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter to open the Device Manager.
- Right-click PCI Serial Port, which will have “!” or “?” next to it to indicate a driver issue.
- Click Update Driver.
- On the Hardware Update Wizard screen, click Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), and then click Next.
- Select the Don’t search, I will choose the driver to install option, and then click Next.
- On the Hardware Type screen, click Show All Devices, and then click Next.
Note: The Hardware Type screen does not appear on all systems. If you do not see this screen, skip this step.
- On the Select the Device Driver you want to install for this hardware screen, select the Have Disk option.
- In the Install from Disk dialog box, click Browse.
- Browse to the Drivers folder and open the 32-bit or the 64-bit folder, depending on your system type.
Note: To view your system type, press Windows key + R, type control /name microsoft.system, and press Enter.
- Click the StnMF file or the NmXpMf file (only one of the file names is displayed). Click OK, and then click Next.
- The COM ports are listed in Device Manager under Ports (COM & LPT). Repeat steps 4 to 11 for each of the COM ports, selecting the StnPorts file or the NmPorts file in step 11.