36in SATA Serial ATA Cable
Connect and position SATA drives easily - designed for larger cases
Product ID: SATA36
- Supports full SATA 3.0 6Gbps bandwidth
- Compatible with both 3.5" and 2.5" SATA hard drives
- Provides 36" in cable length
The SATA36 Serial ATA Cable features two 7-pin data receptacles and supports full SATA 3.0 bandwidth of up to 6Gbps when used with SATA 3.0 compliant drives.
Featuring a low profile, yet durable construction, the flexible design improves airflow and reduces clutter in your computer case, helping to keep the case clean and cool.
Constructed of only top quality materials and designed for optimum performance and reliability this 36" SATA cable is backed by our lifetime warranty.
- Installing Serial ATA hard drives, and DVD drives
- Server and storage subsystem applications
- High-end workstation drive installations
- Connections to SATA Drive Arrays
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Features a thin cable design, which helps reduce clutter and increase airflow within the computer/server case, for optimum system performance
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty, ensuring a dependable connection
Ingram Micro Belgium
Ingram Micro España
Ingram Micro Italy
Ingram Micro Netherlands
ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
Ingram Micro France
Ingram Micro Sweden
Tech Data - Belgium
Tech Data - France
Tech Data - Italy
Tech Data - Netherlands
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Type and Rate||SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Connector A||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Connector B||1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||914.4 mm [36 in]|
|Product Length||914.4 mm [36 in]|
|Product Weight||27 g [1 oz]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||32 g [1.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 36in SATA Serial ATA Cable|
Make a right-angled connection to your SATA drive, for installation in tight spaces
5+ In stock
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a SATA cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Hard disk drive
Hard drive controller (for example, motherboard)
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard disk drive, hard drive controller, and SATA cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the hard drive is spinning without the SATA cable attached. The power cable should make the drive spin if it is a mechanical drive and not a solid state drive.
If your operating system is not detecting the hard disk drive, make sure that the drive is formatted with a partition (for example, NTFS or FAT32). If you are using a computer running a version of Windows, a drive letter must also be assigned to the hard disk drive.
For more information about how to initialize a drive, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=hard-drives#initialize-hard-drives.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.