USB-C to Micro-B Cable - M/M - 0.5 m - USB 3.1 (10Gbps)
Connect USB Micro-B devices to your USB Type-C host with reduced clutter
Product ID: USB31CUB50CM
- USB 3.1 data transfer rates up to 10Gbps when used with USB 3.1 host and device
- Simple connections through a reversible USB Type-C connector, which plugs into your device with either side facing up
- Thunderbolt™ 3 port compatible
- Guaranteed reliability with our 2-year warranty
This USB-C™ to Micro-B cable lets you connect your USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Micro-USB devices to your USB Type-C™ laptop. You can also charge and sync your USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Micro-USB mobile devices.
Connect your devices while you’re on the road
This non-standard 0.5-meter cable is great for close-range connections from your USB-C laptop to a USB 3.1 drive enclosure, dock or other Micro-USB device, wherever you go.
The short cable lets you set up your equipment without excess cable getting in your way. It’s extremely portable, which is perfect for connections in small offsite workspaces or in a coffee shop or hotel room.
With a bandwidth of 10Gbps, this USB 3.1 Gen 2 cable lets you transfer and back up data at twice the speed of USB 3.0 and 20x faster than USB 2.0. You can also connect older USB 3.0 peripheral devices to newer computers, with data transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps.
Charge and sync your USB 3.0 Micro-B devices
Connect your Micro-USB 3.0 phone or tablet to your USB 3.1 laptop or desktop computer, for syncing and charging.
The USB31CUB50CM is backed by StarTech.com’s 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability.
Connect Micro USB 3.1 devices such as a portable hard drive, video capture device, or older USB 3.0 device, to a USB 3.1 computer
Charge or sync older Micro USB 3.0 mobile devices from a USB 3.1 capable laptop or desktop computer
|Ingram Micro Belgium||3638670|
|Ingram Micro España||V933990|
|Ingram Micro Italy||V933990|
|Ingram Micro Netherlands||3638670|
|Ingram Micro Sweden||V933990|
|ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH||2896920|
|Ingram Micro France||V933990|
|Tech Data - Belgium||4662372|
|Tech Data - Netherlands||4662372|
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Cable Shield Type||Aluminum-Mylar Foil with Braid|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbit/s|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Male|
|Connector B||1 - USB 3.1 USB Type Micro-B (10 pin, Gen 2, 10 Gbps) Male|
|Cable Length||0.5 m [1.6 ft]|
|Product Height||7 mm [0.3 in]|
|Product Length||0.5 m [1.6 ft]|
|Product Weight||26 g [0.9 oz]|
|Product Width||12 mm [0.5 in]|
|Wire Gauge||24/30 AWG|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||31 g [1.1 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C to Micro-B cable|
Drivers & Downloads
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB 3.1 is the most recent version of the USB (Universal Serial Bus) standard for connecting computers and electronic devices. It is capable of data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, and while it can use the USB-C connector type, it can also use a variety of other connector types. To achieve USB 3.1 transfer speeds, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support USB 3.1. USB 3.1 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps).
USB 3.0 is capable of data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. USB 3.0 is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps).
USB 3.1 is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, except in the following scenarios:
- USB-B 3.1 cables are not compatible with USB-B 2.0 ports.
- Unless you use an adapter, USB-C ports or cables will not work with USB-A or USB-B ports or cables.
- Devices that require USB 3.1 transfer speeds of 10Gbps might not work with USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, or you might experience lower transfer speeds and impacted performance.
- Bus-powered USB devices that requires more power than what USB 2.0 can provide are not compatible with USB 2.0.
For products related to this article, click here.
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.