USB C Multiport Adapter - USB-C Mini Travel Dock w/ 4K HDMI or 1080p VGA - 3x USB 3.0 Hub, SD, GbE, Audio, 100W PD Pass-Through - Portable Docking Station for Laptop/Tablet
USB-C Mini Dock | 100W PD Passthrough | USB-C & A Ports | SD Card Reader | Mac, Windows® & ChromeOS | Android OS | GbE
Product ID: DKT30CHVAUSP
- 8-IN-1 MULTI PURPOSE DOCK: USB-C multiport adapter eliminates the need for multiple adapters w/ 4K30Hz HDMI or 1080p VGA, 5Gbps USB (2x USB-A, USB-C), SD slot, Gigabit Ethernet, headset/mic audio jack
- 100W POWER DELIVERY 3.0: Use your laptop’s USB-C power adapter to power the dock and provide up to 85W to power & charge your laptop, w/ 15W always reserved for the USB type-c travel dock hub
- EXTRA LONG CABLE: 1ft (30cm) attached cable on this usb-c mini dock for extended reach to reduce port/connector strain on 2-in-1 devices like Surface Pro 7, iPad Pro, HP Elite & laptop on riser stands
This USB-C multiport adapter turns your MacBook Pro, USB-C™ laptop, Chromebook or Android (Samsung Galaxy S8, Note 9 and above) device into a workstation, anywhere you go. A USB Type-C adapter, ideal for travel, features everything from the essential HDMI or VGA video outputs and USB ports to an SD card reader and 100W PD including PD passthrough. All through a single extended length 30 cm Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C attached host cable, providing more flexibility for harder to reach laptop and tablet connections.
Two Video Output Options with HDMI or VGA
This USB-C multiport adapter features both an HDMI and VGA port providing you with two single video output options for your boardroom presentations or your workstation setup including support for an ultra-wide monitor.
Power & Charge with 100W Power Delivery 3.0
With support for USB PD 3.0 (up to 100W), the USB Type-C multiport adapter lets you power and charge your laptop, and power your peripherals when connected to a USB-C power adapter. The USB-C hub features PD passthrough so you can use your laptop’s own charger to power the hub (requires 15W) and power or charge your laptop simultaneously.
All the Essential Ports with USB
The USB-C to USB 3.0 hub gives you one USB-C port (power & data) and two USB-A ports to connect your latest and legacy USB devices.
Includes Ports to Do More with SD, Audio & Gigabit Ethernet
Access your multimedia content, audio, and network with ease. The multiport adapter provides direct access to your:
- SD, SDHC™ and SDXC™ memory cards or microSD cards via the SD card slot
- Audio content via headphones or microphone through the 3.5mm 4- position audio port
- Ethernet network via the GbE port using a hard-wired connection
DKT30CHVAUSP is backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Ingram Micro Belgium
Ingram Micro España
Ingram Micro Italy
Ingram Micro Netherlands
Ingram Micro Sweden
ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
Ingram Micro France
Tech Data - Belgium
Tech Data - Italy
Tech Data - Netherlands
|Bus Type||USB 3.1 Gen 1|
|Chipset ID||VIA Labs - VL102|
|VIA Labs - VL161|
|VIA Labs - VL817|
|Genesys Logic - GL823K|
|ITE Tech - IT6564|
|Realtek - RTL8153B|
|Cmedia - HS100-B|
|Port Style||Cable Adapters|
|Audio Specifications||3.5mm Audio|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz (VGA)|
|Maximum Cable Length||30 cm [11.8 in]|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||3840 x 2160 @30Hz, 4096 x 2160 @24hz, 3440 x 1440 @60Hz (HDMI)|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.1 Gen 1 - 5 Gbit/s|
|External Ports||1 - HDMI Receptacle|
|1 - VGA (15 pin, High Density D-Sub) Receptacle|
|1 - RJ-45 Receptacle|
|2 - USB 3.1 USB Type-A (9 pin, Gen 1, 5 Gbps) Receptacle|
|1 - SD Slot Receptacle|
|1 - 3.5 mm Audio Receptacle Input|
|1 - 3.5 mm Audio Receptacle Output|
|1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.0 (5Gbps) Plug|
|Power Source||Not Included (not required for standard applications)|
|Cable Length||30 cm [11.8 in]|
|Color||Black & Space Gray|
|Material||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Length||1.5 cm [0.6 in]|
|Weight of Product||114.000|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.1 kg [0.3 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB-C Docking Station|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
USB-C is a type of USB connector that is capable of supporting the following:
- Data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps, if you use USB 3.1.
- Bi-directional power delivery up to 100W, if both the USB host connection and the device support it.
- Alternate modes, which deliver different types of data at different speeds. For example, DisplayPort Alternate Mode (DP Alt Mode).
If using Thunderbolt 3 over USB-C, the connection is capable of additional features. For example, Thunderbolt 3 is capable of 40Gbps of total bandwidth. For more information, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/thunderbolt-3-port-capabilities.
Not all USB-C ports or devices are capable of supporting all of the features listed above, or all of the features at the maximum capabilities. If you require a specific USB-C feature, your USB host connection, cables, and device must all support the feature that you require. For more information about whether your components support specific USB-C features, refer to the information provided by the manufacturers.
When you troubleshoot issues with a laptop docking station, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
Laptop Docking Station
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the video cables, video source, video destination, laptop docking station, USB peripherals, and Ethernet connection in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different video cable, video source, video destination, laptop docking station, USB peripherals, and Ethernet connection setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
Test each cable individually.
Use short cables when you are testing.
When you test the video cables, video source, video destination, and laptop docking station it is recommended that you do the following:
Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter to open Device Manager.
If you do not see the USB video adapter in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#usb-cannot-detect-windows.
If the device is listed with an error, reinstall the drivers following the instructions on the website.
Check to see if your video card drivers are current. You can check what video card you have in Device Manager under Display adapters. It is recommended that you go directly to the video card manufacturer's website to check for the latest drivers.
Check to see if the monitor is being detected by Windows.
For more information about testing the USB peripherals and the laptop docking station, visit www.startech.com/faq/usb_hubs_general_troubleshooting.
When you test Ethernet and the laptop docking station, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/network_adapters_general_troubleshooting.
When you test sound and the laptop docking station, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/sound_cards_general_troubleshooting.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.