2.5in USB 3.0 SSD SATA Hard Drive Enclosure
Turn a 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD into an external SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Hard Drive/Solid State Drive
Product ID: SAT2510BU32
The SAT2510BU32 2.5-inch SuperSpeed USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Enclosure turns a normal 2.5-inch SATA hard drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) into a portable, external hard drive.
Connecting to a host computer through USB 3.0 with no external power required, this enclosure supports full SuperSpeed USB data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps - 10x faster than the USB 2.0 standard, and is backward compatible with older USB connections (USB 2.0). Large capacity drives (tested with up to 1TB) can be used to greatly enhance your computer's storage/backup capabilities.
Featuring a lightweight, portable design this USB 3.0 SATA HDD enclosure is constructed of aluminum, which offers maximum durability and operating heat dissipation.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Take advantage of new laptops and desktops with USB 3.0 connectivity
- Upgrade from a USB 2.0 drive enclosure to faster USB 3.0
- Create a fast, portable external storage solution for desktops, laptops or netbooks
- Add-on extra storage to almost any USB-enabled computer system
- Backup important data to an external storage device for safe keeping/redundancy
- Share large files between computers, quickly and securely, without a network
- Retrieve data from an old 2.5" SATA drive, or turn the unused drive into additional external storage space
The StarTech.com Advantage
- The USB 3.0 SATA Hard Drive Enclosure supports data transfer rates up to 5Gbps with new SuperSpeed USB 3.0, while remaining backward compatible with older USB 2.0 systems for a versatile external storage solution
- Compact, light-weight and durable ensures maximum portability for mobile applications
- Adding a 2.5" SATA Hard Drive/Solid State drive through USB 3.0/USB 2.0 lets you preserve your system warranty by avoiding having to open the desktop or laptop computer case
Ingram Micro Belgium
Ingram Micro España
Ingram Micro Italy
Ingram Micro Netherlands
ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
CMS Distribution Ireland
Ingram Micro France
Ingram Micro Sweden
Tech Data - Belgium
Tech Data - France
Tech Data - Italy
Tech Data - Netherlands
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1051|
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 1TB 5400 RPM hard drives|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA II (3 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - USB 3.0 Micro-B (10 pin, SuperSpeed) Female|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power/Activity|
|Humidity||10% ~ 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)|
|Max Drive Height||9.5 mm [0.4 in]|
|Product Height||1 cm [0.4 in]|
|Product Length||12 cm [4.7 in]|
|Product Width||75 mm [3 in]|
|Weight of Product||81 g [2.9 oz]|
|Package Height||32 mm [1.3 in]|
|Package Length||13.1 cm [5.2 in]|
|Package Width||16.1 cm [6.3 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||170 g [6 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB to SATA Enclosure|
|1 - USB 3.0 Cable|
|1 - Tool Kit|
|1 - Protective Case|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your computer
287+ In stock
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your PC or laptop
26+ In stock
Connect a USB 3.0 Micro USB External Hard drive to your computer
330+ In stock
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Hard drive enclosures require power from your system's USB port. Although you can plug in any standard SATA drive, USB ports only supply a limited amount of power and are not able to power all of the hard drives plugged into the system.
The power capabilities of the USB port combined with the power requirements of the attached hard drive will determine if the hard drive enclosure will work in your setup. The power (in mA) supplied by the USB port must be greater than the requirements of the hard drive.
A USB 2.0 port can supply a maximum of 500 mA (0.5 A), and a USB 3.0 port can supply a maximum of 900 mA (0.9 A).
You can usually find the power requirements of your hard drive in the technical specifications on the label of the hard drive or on the manufacturer's website.
To determine if your hard drive will work in this enclosure, on the product page, click the Technical Specifications tab, and do the following:
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the storage size of your hard drive. If the storage size of your hard drive is larger than what the enclosure was tested with, the hard drive will likely still work with the enclosure.
- Confirm that your hard drive uses the same interface type as the enclosure. For example, IDE, SATA, or M.2.
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the physical size of your hard drive, such as 2.5 inches or 3.5 inches.
- Make sure that the enclosure supports the height of your hard drive. For example, 9 mm or 15 mm.
- Verify that the power consumption of your hard drive doesn’t exceed the power output of the enclosure. If you’re using multiple hard drives, make sure that the combined power consumption of all of the hard drives doesn’t exceed the power output of the enclosure.
To confirm that the Mac OS detects your USB device, complete the following:
- Click the Apple icon.
- Click About This Mac.
- Click More Info or System Report.
- Under the appropriate heading, confirm that your USB device is listed and that there isn't an error. For example, a network card would be under Ethernet Cards.
You may need to refresh the System Information page after you plug in your device. To do so, press Command + R with the System Information page open.
Your USB device is listed according to the name of the chipset. To determine the name of the chipset of your USB device, navigate to www.StarTech.com and look on the Technical Specifications tab for your product.
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive enclosure, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- Hard drives
- Hard drive enclosure
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive enclosure in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive enclosure in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive enclosure, it is recommended that you do the following:
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, the hard drive needs to be reformatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.