4 Drive 3.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack Backplane
Hot swap up to four 3.5in SATA hard drives in seconds
Product ID: HSB430SATBK
This 4 Bay SATA Mobile Rack lets you swap between 3.5in Serial ATA (SATA, SATA II, SATA III-6Gbps) hard drives in seconds.
A time saving storage solution, the mobile rack offers four trayless SATA hard drive bays, allowing you to hot swap Serial ATA hard drives but avoid having to mount the drives to trays for deployment or unfasten them for replacement.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
Supporting up to four hard drives, the mobile SATA hot swap rack only takes up three 5.25in drive bays inside a host computer - maximizing space-efficiency within the computer. The mobile rack/backplane is fully compatible with RAID installations to ensure maximum performance and versatility for enhanced storage applications.
Using Terabyte hard drives? Don’t expose your Hard Drive and valuable data to unnecessary heat!
The HSB430SATBK has two built-in 40mm fans that re-distribute the heat build-up generated as a result of typical drive operation. This feature is especially important for larger volume storage drives, and faster “spinning" drives (i.e 7200 RPM), as it can help optimize drive operability and in turn preserve stored data integrity.
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- Replace or upgrade old IDE backplane with a SATA backplane
- System builders who need to image many drives simultaneously and quickly
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Quickly and easily install or remove hard drives without having to open the chassis with the innovative trayless design
- Rubber shock absorbers, a solid aluminum construction and 10,000+ insertion rating ensures longevity from both the drives and bay
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
Ingram Micro Belgium
Ingram Micro España
Ingram Micro Italy
Ingram Micro Netherlands
ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
Ingram Micro France
Ingram Micro Sweden
Tech Data - France
Tech Data - Italy
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Fans||2 - 40 mm|
|Number of Drives||4|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Insertion Rating||10, 000+ Cycles|
|Noise Level||24 dBA|
|Drive Connectors||4 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Receptacle|
|4 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||4 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|4 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||4 - Drive Activity|
|4 - Drive Power|
|Humidity||Operating - 5~85% RH Non-condensing
Storage - 5~95%
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Material||Aluminum and Plastic|
|Product Height||12.6 cm [5 in]|
|Product Length||19.4 cm [7.6 in]|
|Product Width||14.6 cm [5.7 in]|
|Weight of Product||1.4 kg [3.2 lb]|
|Package Height||21.8 cm [8.6 in]|
|Package Length||27 cm [10.6 in]|
|Package Width||18.2 cm [7.2 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||1.4 kg [3.2 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 5.25" Tray-Less SATA Hot-Swap Bay|
|4 - SATA cable|
|4 - SATA to LP4 Molex + LED Cable|
|1 - Screw kit|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a hard drive rack, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- SATA and SAS cables
- Hard drives
- Hard drive rack
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the cables, hard drives, and hard drive rack in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use a different cable, hard drive, and hard drive rack in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the hard drive and hard drive rack, it is recommended that you do the following:
- To check Disk Management, press the Windows key + R, type diskmgmt.msc, and press Enter. Check to see if your hard drive is listed.
- If the hard drive is listed with unallocated space, it needs to be formatted. Right-click unallocated and click New Simple Volume. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reformatting.
Note: Formatting a hard drive erases all of the data on it. Make sure that you back up all of your data before you reformat the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is listed as healthy but does not have a drive letter assigned to it, for example, C:, right-click healthy and click Change Drive Letter and Paths. Click Add, assign a drive letter, and click OK.
Note: A formatted hard drive will not show up in Computer or My Computer until it has a drive letter assigned to it.
Yes, this mobile rack does support hot-swapping of SATA drives. To use this feature, it is required that the SATA port is set to Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) mode and hot-swapping is enabled. On most motherboards, this is performed within the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) or the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). If you are using a SATA controller card, consult the motherboard manufacturer's technical documentation for the correct steps to accomplish this.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.