How do I install my laptop docking station in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10? (.exe method)
Before you install the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Navigate to http://www.startech.com/Support and download the latest software. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- When the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, right-click the CypressGx3DriverInstaller.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in step 2.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When prompted to, restart your computer.