6in Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Video Cable Adapter - M/F
Connect your DisplayPort® monitor to a standard Mini DisplayPort source
Product ID: MDP2DPMF6IN
- Short (6-inch) design makes the Mini DisplayPort® to DisplayPort cable easy to carry around
- Compatible with PC, Mac and Microsoft® Surface™
- Easily converts from Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort
The MDP2DPMF6IN Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort video cable adapter allows you to add a standard DisplayPort connection port to your existing mini Displayport equipped laptop. Easy to use and install, this cost-effective solution makes it easy for you to go from Mini DP to DP, in order to get the most from your Mini DisplayPort device.
Please Note: Newer laptop and desktop computers (e.g. Apple®) come equipped with Thunderbolt™ ports only. Our Mini DP to DP Cables can be connected to the Thunderbolt ports, enabling you to connect your DP compatible displays.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Provides a cost-effective solution for adding a standard DisplayPort® connection to your Laptop or Mac® Mini
- Dependable, long-lasting connection between Mini DisplayPort and DisplayPort
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Fire Rating||CMG Rated (General Purpose)|
|Industry Standards||DP 1.1|
|Number of Conductors||20|
|General Specifications||DP 1.1|
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male|
|Connector B||1 - DisplayPort (20 pin) Female|
|Cable Length||6 in [152.4 mm]|
|Cable OD||0.2 in [5 mm]|
|Product Length||7.4 in [188 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.7 oz [19 g]|
|Wire Gauge||32 AWG|
|Package Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Package Length||8.9 in [22.7 cm]|
|Package Width||5 in [12.6 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.8 oz [24 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 6in Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Video Extension Cable - M/F|
Connect your Mini DisplayPort® monitor to a standard DisplayPort source.
Create a high-resolution 4k x 2k connection with HBR2 support between your Mini DisplayPort™-equipped laptop and a standard DP monitor
Connect your Mini-DisplayPort-equipped computer to a standard DisplayPort monitor
Create a high-resolution 4k x 2k extension with HBR2 support between your Mini DisplayPort equipped devices
Create a high-resolution 4k x 2k extension with HBR2 support between your Mini DisplayPort™-equipped devices
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with a DisplayPort cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the DisplayPort cable, video source, and video destination in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different DisplayPort cable, video source, and video destination in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test the DisplayPort cable, video source, and video destination it is recommended that you do the following:
Verify that the source resolution matches the capabilities of the video source destination. For example, if the destination is only capable of 1920 x 1080, then the source cannot output 2560 x 1600, as that exceeds the capabilities of the video source destination.
Test at a lower resolution or a lower refresh rate, for example, 1024 x 768.
If you are using 4K resolutions, test with a shorter cable.
If you are experiencing issues with the audio over DisplayPort, make sure that the following is true:
The source is set up to output audio over DisplayPort.
The destination is compatible with the source's audio format.
The destination volume has been raised.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.