6in LP4 to LP4 SATA Power Y Cable Adapter
Power a SATA device and an LP4 device from a single LP4 power supply connector
Product ID: PYO1LP4SATA
This LP4 to LP4/SATA Power Y Cable Adapter (PYO1LP4SATA) features an LP4 male connector that splits into one female LP4 power connection as well as a SATA female power connection, providing a cost-effective way to interconnect a SATA device (hard drive, optical drive etc.) as well as a device requiring a female power connector (i.e. IDE drives, etc.), to a legacy power supply that doesn't natively offer the necessary connections.
Expertly designed and constructed of only top quality materials, the LP4 to LP4/SATA Power Y cable is backed by our Lifetime Warranty.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Powers an IDE (LP4 connected) drive using a SATA power connector from the computer power supply
- Easy to use and install
- Backed by StarTech.com's lifetime warranty
|Cable Jacket Type||PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride|
|Connector A||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Large Drive Power) Male|
|Connector B||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Large Drive Power) Female|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Receptacle|
|Cable Length||6 in [152.4 mm]|
|Product Length||6 in [152.4 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.6 oz [15.7 g]|
|Package Height||5.9 in [15 cm]|
|Package Length||3.3 in [83 mm]|
|Package Width||0.9 in [22 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.6 oz [18.4 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 6in LP4 to LP4 SATA Power Y Cable Adapter|
Power two SATA drives from a single LP4 power supply connector.
Power a Serial ATA hard drive from a conventional LP4 power supply connection
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with an internal power cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the power supply, computer part, and power cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different power supply, computer part, and power cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the cable is firmly inserted into both ends.
The polarity (usually indicated by the color of the cables) matches.
No pins are bent or missing on the power supply cable or header, or the computer part.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.