6in LP4 to 8 Pin PCI Express Video Card Power Cable Adapter
Convert a Standard LP4 Power Supply Connector to an 8-pin PCI Express Video Card Power Connector
Product ID: LP4PCIEX8ADP
The LP4PCIEX8ADP 6-inch LP4 to 8-Pin PCI Express Power Adapter converts a standard LP4 power connector on your existing power supply to an 8-pin PCI Express video card power connector, allowing you to install a PCIe graphics card without having to upgrade the computer power supply.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Eliminates the need to upgrade your power supply with an 8-Pin power connector for PCI-Express Video Cards
- Easy to use and install
- Backed by StarTech.com lifetime warranty
|Connector A||2 - LP4 (4 pin; Large Drive Power) Male|
|Connector B||1 - PCI Express Power (8 pin, v 2.x) Male|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Two 4-Pin LP4 connectors from your existing ATX Power Supply and a Video card that utilizes PCI-Express 8-Pin connector|
|Cable Length||6 in [152.4 mm]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.5 cm]|
|Product Length||6 in [152.4 mm]|
|Product Width||1 in [25 mm]|
|Weight of Product||0.7 oz [19 g]|
|Wire Gauge||18 AWG|
|Package Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Package Length||8.9 in [22.5 cm]|
|Package Width||4.9 in [12.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.8 oz [24 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - 6in LP4 to 8 Pin PCI Express Video Card Power Cable Adapter|
Frequently Asked Questions
When you troubleshoot issues with an internal power cable, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
To test your setup components, try the following:
Use the power supply, computer part, and power cable in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
Use a different power supply, computer part, and power cable in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cable, it is recommended that you do the following:
Make sure that the cable is firmly inserted into both ends.
The polarity (usually indicated by the color of the cables) matches.
No pins are bent or missing on the power supply cable or header, or the computer part.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.