Dual 4K Monitor Mini Thunderbolt 3 Dock with DisplayPort
Laptop Docking Station | Mac & Windows® | Bus-Powered | 1x USB-A
Product ID: TB3DKM2DP
- Add dual UHD 4K DisplayPort monitors at 60Hz or a single 5K 60Hz display to your laptop, with this portable Thunderbolt 3 docking station
- Easy to set up and ready to go with no driver installation required
- Connect a USB-A device with the USB 3.0 port
The bus-powered Thunderbolt 3™ docking station connects to dual 4K DisplayPort displays, Gigabit Ethernet and a USB 3.0 (Type-A) port. Compatible with macOS and Windows®, it’s the ideal accessory for your Thunderbolt 3 laptop and for flexible setup, the attached USB-C cable has an extended length of (7.9 in. | 20 cm).
Create a Dual-4K 60Hz Workstation
Great for editing 4K video or other Ultra HD tasks, this portable dual DisplayPort docking station supports 40Gbps of throughput and 4K resolution at 60Hz on two DisplayPort monitors, through a single Thunderbolt 3 port.
Connect your laptop to:
- 2x 4K DisplayPort displays (up to 4096 x 2160p @ 60Hz)
- 1x 5K display (5120 × 2880 @ 60Hz)
Easy Installation & Deployment
Simply connect the TB3 dock to your laptop with included TB3 cable and start working immediately. No time-consuming driver installations are required.
The Ports You Need Most
To enhance your productivity, the Gigabit Ethernet port (with PXE Boot and Wake-on-LAN support) ensures reliable wired network access. A USB 3.0 Type-A port, with ample space around it, lets you connect a USB device, like a flash drive, for easy file access.
The TB3DKM2DP is Thunderbolt Certified, and backed by a StarTech.com 3-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Review/edit images or media files on two 4K DisplayPort displays
- Transfer a 4K movie in under 30 seconds
- Ideal for shared or temporary work stations, such as hot desks (hoteling)
|Bus Type||Thunderbolt 3|
|Chipset ID||Intel - Alpine Ridge JHL6540
Intel - WGI210AT
Texas Instruments - TPS65983
ASMedia - ASM1042A
|Industry Standards||Thunderbolt 3
IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
USB 3.0 - Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||40 Gbps (Thunderbolt 3)
5 Gbps (USB 3.0)
2 Gbps (Ethernet; Full-Duplex)
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||Dual 4K displays - DisplayPort 4096 x 2160p @ 60Hz / 3840 x 2160p @ 60Hz
Single 5K display - DisplayPort 5120 × 2880 @ 60Hz
|Type and Rate||Thunderbolt 3 - 40 Gbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - Thunderbolt™ 3 USB-C (24-pin) (40Gbps) Male|
|2 - DisplayPort (20 pin) Female|
|1 - USB Type-A (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
macOS 10.12 - 10.15
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||A 4K-capable display is required to achieve 4K x 2K resolution (4K is also known as 4K x 2K).|
|A 5K-capable DisplayPort display is required to achieve 5120 × 2880 resolution.|
|Certain monitors may be limited to 4K at 30Hz when connecting through DisplayPort. These monitors include the following models: Dell P2715Q, Viewsonic VX2475Smhl-4K, Philips 288P6LJEB, LG 31MU97C-B, Asus PB287Q (these models will need to be set to 4K at 30Hz).|
|Active adapters are required if adapting DisplayPort to HDMI/DVI/VGA monitors.|
|To convert from DP to DVI (or HDMI, VGA), an active adapter is required, such as DP2VGA, DP2VGA2, DP2VGA3, DP2HD4KS or DP2HD4K60S|
|System and Cable Requirements||Thunderbolt 3 equipped computer with a Thunderbolt 3 port.|
|Humidity||5~95% RH (Non-condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||7.9 in [200 mm]|
|Color||Black & Gray|
|Product Height||0.7 in [1.9 cm]|
|Product Length||4.7 in [12 cm]|
|Product Width||2.4 in [60 mm]|
|Weight of Product||5.1 oz [145.8 g]|
|Package Height||1.7 in [42 mm]|
|Package Length||8.2 in [20.8 cm]|
|Package Width||5.7 in [14.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||9.5 oz [268.2 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Docking Station|
|1 - Thunderbolt 3 Dock|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
|1 - User Manual|
macOS 10.12 - 10.15
DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Audio / Video Converter – DP 1.2 to HDMI Active Adapter for Desktop / Laptop Computers – 4K @ 30 Hz
Connect an HDMI monitor to a DisplayPort video source
Connect a DVI monitor to a single-mode DisplayPort output from your computer
Connect a VGA monitor to a DisplayPort-equipped PC
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.