Dual M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter Card - x8 / x16 Dual NVMe or AHCI M.2 SSD to PCI Express 3.0 - M.2 NGFF PCIe (M-Key) Compatible - Supports 2242, 2260, 2280 - RAID & JBOD - Mac & PC
PCI Express 3.0 M.2 SSD Adapter Card | For PCIe NVMe and PCIe AHCI M.2 SSDs
Product ID: PEX8M2E2
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Install 2 PCIe 3.0 M.2 SSDs (NVMe or AHCI) into your workstation or server for read/write speeds up to 3GB/s and 2.8GB/s for single-drives or 2.4GB/s and 1.42GB/s (per drive) for 2
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Dual M.2 PCIe SSD adapter card was extensively tested to ensure compatibility w/ Samsung 970 evo, 950 Pro, SM951, & other 2242, 2260, 2280mm PCIe M-Key M.2 NGFF SSDs (NVMe or AHCI)
- BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY: Compatible w/ PCIe 1.0 & 2.0 and x8 or x16 slots, PCIe bifurcation is not required. Works with all workstation and server OS's such as Windows, Linux, and macOS incl. legacy.
Upgrade your system speed and performance with this Dual M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter. It lets you add two high performance, enterprise-class PCIe 3.0 M.2 SSDs (NVMe and AHCI) into the PCIe 8-lane or larger slot of your desktop workstation or server.
Boost System Performance
The expansion card lets you take full advantage of the fast performance and compact size of PCIe M.2 internal solid-state drives. With the M.2 PCIe based drives in place, the adapter increases your storage capacity and gives your computer a significant speed boost, enhancing data transfer rates.
Access two M.2 PCIe SSDs simultaneously
The dual M.2 to PCIe expansion card employs a high-speed ASM2824 switch, allowing you to access two drives at the same time. Since the adapter card does not rely on PCIe bifurcation, it can easily be integrated into all systems, new and legacy.
The M.2 PCI express adapter also gives you the flexibility to access your M.2 PCIe SSDs individually. Or, you can utilize software RAID to build a RAID array to add redundancy or enhance system performance.
Wide System Compatibility
The adapter connects directly to your computer motherboard to support two PCIe M.2 SSDs through a x8 PCIe expansion slot. The adapter is compatible with PCIe 3.0 motherboards and is backward compatible with PCIe 2.0 and PCIe 1.0.
Supports a Wide Range of PCIe M.2 SSDs
The PCIe M.2 NGFF (M Key) adapter supports PCIe 3.0 NVMe and PCIe-AHCI M.2 SSDs including 2242, 2260, and 2280 drives, supporting the most common drive sizes: 42, 60, and 80 mm lengths.
Easy to Install
The expansion card comes with a full-profile bracket pre-installed, and includes a half-height / low-profile bracket, for installation in small form-factor computers.
Vented brackets on the PCIe M.2 NGFF SSD adapter card increases air flow to assist in heat dissipation.
The TAA compliant PEX8M2E2 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect two PCIe M.2 SSDs to your desktop computer or server to boost system speed and increase internal data storage
- Get ultra-fast data access, ideal for high-performance workstations
- Install your operating system on an M.2 PCIe based drive for fast access, while keeping larger platter drives available for bulk storage
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM2824|
|Compatible Drive Types||M.2 (PCIe, AHCI, M-Key, NGFF)|
|M.2 (PCIe, NVMe, M-Key, NGFF)|
|Drive Size||22m - M.2 NGFF|
|Interface||PCI Express x8|
|Number of Drives||2|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||2242|
|Hot Swap Capability||No|
|Insertion Rating||60 cycles|
|Type and Rate||PCI Express 3.0 (8 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||2 - M.2 (PCIe, M-Key, AHCI/NVMe, NGFF)|
|Host Connectors||1 - PCI Express x8 Male|
|Other Interface(s)||2 - IDC (2 pin, Motherboard Header)|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|Humidity||15% ~ 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)|
|Product Length||6.3 in [15.9 cm]|
|Weight of Product||88.000|
|Package Height||1.6 in [40 mm]|
|Package Length||8.5 in [217 mm]|
|Package Width||6.2 in [157 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||7.1 oz [201 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - x8 PCI Express to Dual M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter|
|1 - Low-Profile Bracket|
|1 - Full-Profile Bracket (Pre-installed)|
|2 - SSD Standoff and Installation Screws|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
Add two Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) M.2 SATA SSDs to your computer through PCI Express
Mount an M.2 NGFF SSD into your desktop computer, using a standard SATA host connection
Enhance your system by mounting four M.2 SATA-based SSDs into one 3.5” drive bay
Add two Next Generation Form Factor M.2 SSDs and two SATA ports to your computer through PCI Express
Install two M.2 SSDs into a 2.5” bay to create high-performance storage with configurable RAID
Convert an M.2 SSD into a 7mm high 2.5in SATA 6Gbps Open Frame SSD
Convert an M.2 solid state drive into a standard 2.5in form factor 6Gbps SSD
Turn your M.2 SATA drive into an ultra-fast, ultra-portable storage solution for USB-C enabled devices
Turn your solid state drive into an ultra-portable pocket drive
Convert an mSATA SSD into a 7mm high 2.5in SATA 6Gbps Open Frame SSD
Build a RAID array with two mSATA SSDs that can be installed into a single 2.5in SATA bay
Turn an mSATA host connection into a standard SATA port
Turn a SATA host connection into an mSATA port
Mount an mSATA SSD into your standard or small form factor desktop computer, using a standard SATA host connection
Convert an mSATA mini-SSD into a Standard 2.5in SATA SSD
Turn your mSATA or mSATA Mini drive into a portable, high performance storage solution over USB 3.1 Gen 2
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.