2.5in SATA Removable Hard Drive Bay for PC Expansion Slot
Use an available expansion card slot to install a hot swappable 2.5in hard drive
Product ID: S25SLOTR
The S25SLOTR Trayless Hard Drive Rack can be installed into an available (full profile) PCI expansion card slot, providing easy access to a bare 2.5" SATA hard drive or solid state drive (SSD) from the rear panel of a computer case.
Unlike conventional hard drive enclosures, the S25SLOTR hard drive rack doesn't require that a drive be installed in a drive tray, saving the time and hassle involved in having to mount or install the hard drive for access to drive contents.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with a compatible controller.
Once installed in a PCI slot (and accompanying rear panel bracket), installing a 2.5" SATA HDD is as simple as inserting it into the trayless rack. To remove the hard drive, simply hit the eject button to unlock the access door, allowing the drive to be pulled out of the computer without having to dismount the drive.
* This unique design of the mobile rack enables you to use any available full profile expansion slot to mount a removable 2.5in SATA hard drive.
- Add additional storage capabilities to a computer with no more internal or external drive bays
- Add removable storage to the rear of a system, where it is less noticeable or accessible to unauthorized users
- Add removable storage to small form factor chassis' with no standard 3.5/5.25" drive bays
- Add additional hot-swap bays to a server or workstation computer
- System builders who need to image drives quickly and efficiently
- Environments where drives need to be replaced/removed regularly, without external protection for the drives required after removal
- Be able to replace/remove individual drives from a storage array with minimal or no system down time
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Utilize a free expansion card slot to add a removable 2.5" SATA hard drive bay
- Vented aluminum/steel design and a 50,000+ insertion rating ensures reliability of the drive and drive rack
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Max Drive Capacity||Tested up to 500 GB|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle|
|Host Connectors||1 - LP4 (4 pin; Large Drive Power) Male|
|1 - SATA (7 pin, Data) Plug|
|1 - SATA Power (15 pin) Plug|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Solid - Power On
Blinking - Activity
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-5°C to 75°C (23°F to 167°F)|
|Material||Aluminum and Steel|
|Max Drive Height||0.4 in [9.5 mm]|
|Product Height||4.7 in [12 cm]|
|Product Length||5.7 in [14.5 cm]|
|Product Width||0.8 in [21 mm]|
|Weight of Product||5.9 oz [167 g]|
|Package Height||1.3 in [33 mm]|
|Package Length||5.4 in [13.6 cm]|
|Package Width||6.3 in [16.1 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||8.3 oz [234 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Expansion Slot Removable HDD bracket|
|1 - 20in SATA cable|
|1 - LP4 SATA breakout cable|
|1 - Hard Drive Protective Film|
|1 - Mounting Screws|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Hot-swap any 3.5in SATA hard drive easily from any computer with a 5.25in bay
Easy, trayless removal and insertion of dual 2.5in SATA hard drives from single 3.5in bay
Hot swap up to four 3.5in SATA hard drives in seconds
Mount a 2.5in SATA hard drive to any computer with an available 3.5in bay
Connect two LP4 peripherial devices (CD/DVD-ROM drives etc.) to a single LP4 connector
Power two SATA drives from a single LP4 power supply connector.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this mobile rack does support hot-swapping of SATA drives. To use this feature, it is required that the SATA port is set to Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) mode and hot-swapping is enabled. On most motherboards, this is performed within the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) or the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). If you are using a SATA controller card, consult the motherboard manufacturer's technical documentation for the correct steps to accomplish this.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.