1-Port Gigabit PoE+ Extender - 802.3at and 802.3af - 100 m (330 ft)
Scale your Power over Ethernet connection by 100m, or daisy chain up to four extenders for longer distance
Product ID: POEEXT1GAT
- Deploy and access your Gigabit PoE-powered devices (PD) further away
- Extend your PoE PDs over longer distances by daisy-chaining four extenders up to 500m (1640ft) total range (reduced power output at each connection)
- Compact, wall-mountable, and rugged metal housing for convenience and reliability
This Gigabit PoE+ extender spans your Power over Ethernet (PoE) device over longer distances, letting you double the 100m limitations of a traditional PoE infrastructure.
Now you can connect your Gigabit PoE device up to a maximum of 200m away, so it’s easy to install a remote IP camera or access point. Plus the extender can be daisy-chained for more scalability.
Unrestricted PoE+ range and convenience
Need more distance? This convenient PoE+ repeater maximizes range and flexibility by extending your PoE connection by an extra 100m (330ft), while providing 24-watt power output to compatible devices.
Simply connect the extender to your power sourcing equipment (PSE) and your PoE-powered device (PD) and you’re all set. The extender is compliant with the 802.3at/af standard, so it will work with existing PSE, such as a StarTech.com PoE+ injector (POEINJ1G) or PoE+ switch (IES81000POE).
Daisy chain for longer distance and flexibility
Still need more distance? If an extra 100m isn’t enough, this full-featured PoE extender offers daisy chain capability.
You can easily connect four extenders together, letting you install your PoE+ PD up to 500m (1640ft) away. It’s perfect for business, education, and retail environments (output wattage is dependent on the number of daisy-chained extenders used).
Convenient installation options and durable construction
Get up and running quickly. This Gigabit PoE+ extender can be positioned right where you need it, with a wall-mountable design that requires no external power adapter.
You can enjoy reliable performance with little worry of downtime or failure, the extender features a rugged metal housing with built-in ESD and surge protection.
The POEEXT1GAT is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Ideal for Wi-Fi® access points, IP phones, surveillance cameras, and kiosks where a power connection is not available
- Enable remote installation of PoE+ devices over longer distance than conventional PoE range capabilities
- Perfect for SOHO, SMB, system integrators, and IT administrators
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3af PoE, IEEE 802.3at PoE+|
|IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T|
|Compatible Networks||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Flow Control||Half-duplex back-pressure
IEEE 802.3x pause frame for full-duplex
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||No|
|Maximum Cable Length||328 ft [100 m]|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||2 Gbps (Full-Duplex)|
|Power Output||One extender - 24W
Power Output: Two extender daisy chain - 20W
Power Output: Three extender daisy chain - 16W
Power Output: Four extender daisy chain - 12W
|Surge Protection||EN61000-4-2 (ESD) - 2kV
EN61000-4-5 (Surge) - 2kV
|Connector Type(s)||2 - RJ-45 Female|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Note||Total extension distances can often be shorter due to power delivery voltage-drop on the connected cables. Maximum distances can vary based on the quality of the UTP cables and the environment.|
|You may daisy chain up to 4 POEEXT1GAT units total, for a maximum of 500m. The 4th unit will supply IEEE 802.3af up to 12W output.|
|Patents and Licenses||The following patents are licensed for this product. This list might not be all inclusive.
• United States Patent No. 5,406,260 (expired)
• United States Patent No. 6,650,622
• United States Patent No. 7,457,250
• United States Patent No. 8,155,012
• United States Patent No. 8,902,760
• United States Patent No. 8,942,107
• United States Patent No. 9,019,838
• United States Patent No. 9,049,019
• United States Patent Application No. 14/695,456
• United States Patent Application No. 14/726,940
|System and Cable Requirements||If your connected device does not meet the IEEE 802.3af or IEEE 802.3at PoE standard, then the POEEXT1GAT will not pass-through power to the connected device / Ethernet cable.|
|LED Indicators||1 - PoE IN|
|1 - LNK/ACT|
|1 - PoE OUT|
|Output Voltage||52 ~ 56 DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||3.2 W Max|
|Humidity||5~95% RH (Non-Condensing)|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 85°C (14°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||1 in [2.5 cm]|
|Product Length||3.7 in [94 mm]|
|Product Width||2.7 in [69 mm]|
|Weight of Product||6.8 oz [193 g]|
|Package Height||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Package Length||8.1 in [20.5 cm]|
|Package Width||5.3 in [13.5 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||12.1 oz [343 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Gigabit Power over Ethernet extender|
|1 - instruction manual|
Scale your 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network up to 1.5km over RJ11 phone lines
Extend an Ethernet network over Coaxial cable up to 1.5 miles (2.4km)
Extend your 10/100Mbps network by up to 1km over Ethernet or RJ11 phone lines
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
Make Power-over-Ethernet-capable Gigabit network connections
Make Fast Ethernet network connections using this high quality Cat5e Cable, with Power-over-Ethernet capability
8 Port Unmanaged Industrial Gigabit Power over Ethernet Switch - 802.3af/at PoE+ Switch - Wall Mountable
Connect power and Gigabit Ethernet data to 8 PoE-enabled devices, with 30W per-port output - Wall Mountable
Deliver power and data to four Power over Ethernet devices using this wall-mountable PoE+ midspan hub
Deliver power and data to your Power over Ethernet device using this mountable PoE+ midspan
Frequently Asked Questions
It is highly recommended that solid Ethernet cables are used with this product to make sure that the signal is as strong as it can be. This type of cable is great at preventing loss of signal strength, as long as great flexibility in the cable is not required. Stranded Ethernet cables are the most commonly used type of Ethernet cable, but this type of cable can result in a gradual loss of signal strength the longer the cable is.
Solid Ethernet cables are preferred if the cables are used behind walls from patch panels to wall jacks. Stranded Ethernet cables are preferable when you need shorter and more flexible cables. Good examples of this are when you need an Ethernet cable on the server side of the patch panel, or at workstations.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.