MSA Compliant QSFP+ Transceiver Module - 40GBASE-SR4
40 Gbps | Multi Mode Fiber | MPO | 150 m (492 ft) | Lifetime Warranty
Product ID: QSFP40SR4ST
The QSFP40SR4ST is an MSA compliant fiber QSFP+ transceiver that's designed, programmed and tested to work with 40GBASE-SR4 compatible MSA switches and routers. The QSFP+ transceiver module supports a maximum distance of up to 150 m (492 ft) and delivers dependable 40 GbE connectivity over fiber cabling.Technical Specifications:
- Wavelength: 850 nm
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 40 Gbps
- Type: Multi Mode Fiber
- Connection Type: MPO Connector
- Maximum Transfer Distance: 150 m (492 ft)
- MTBF: 1,489,426 hours
- Power Consumption: Less than 0.7 Watts
- DDM: Yes
This QSFP+ fiber module is hot-swappable, making upgrades and replacements seamless by minimizing network disruptions.
All StarTech.com SFP & SFP+ transceiver modules are backed by a lifetime warranty and free lifetime multilingual technical support. StarTech.com offers a wide variety of SFP modules and direct-attach SFP Cables, providing the convenience and reliability you need to ensure dependable network performance.
Replace defective or damaged QSFP+ modules
Expand your network to remote segments
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3ba 40GBASE-SR4|
|Compatible Networks||40 Gbps|
|Fiber Operating Mode||Full-Duplex|
|Max Transfer Distance||150 m (492 ft)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||40 Gbps|
|Local Unit Connectors||1 - MPO|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||< 0.7 W|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||0.5 in [13 mm]|
|Product Length||2.8 in [72 mm]|
|Product Weight||1.2 oz [34 g]|
|Product Width||0.7 in [18.4 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.2 oz [62 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - QSFP+ transceiver|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
SFP fiber transceivers (mini-GBIC) are specific to applications and therefore, you need to select the correct fiber transceiver for your application. StarTech.com offers a few types of fiber transceivers: Cisco®, Cisco Meraki®, HP®, and Juniper® compatible, as well as standard gigabit SFP converters. Although the transceivers may be referred to as GBIC or mini-GBIC, the correct terminology for the device is small form-factor pluggable transceiver or SFP . StarTech.com does not carry GBIC converters.
If your device is not a Cisco device, it can still use Cisco compatible SFPs. Cisco SFPs are specifically coded to be compatible with Cisco devices. A standard SFP will not work in a Cisco device.
StarTech.com offers two different output connector types for SFPs: RJ-45 and fiber.
No special requirements are necessary to use RJ-45 SFPs. However, if you use fiber transceivers, the following items need to be the same as the interconnecting equipment:
The connector type, such as LC, SC, or ST.
The mode (single mode or multi mode).
The wavelength, such as 850 nm, 1310 nm, or 1550 nm.
The DDM support.
The speed, such as 10Gbps.
Note: The properties listed above cannot be converted or changed by a cable, excluding the connector type.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.