3.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure - eSATA / USB 3.0 - Trayless
Easily connect and hot swap 3.5 in SATA III hard drives, through eSATA or USB 3.0 with UASP support
Product ID: S351BMU33ETG
- Easily swap drives in and out as needed with trayless design
- Quickly access important files
- Access your files through your preferred interface with support for USB 3.0 and eSATA
This eSATA enclosure for 3.5 in. SATA HDDs is perfect for office, government, medical, and other personnel who require quick and easy access to important data and files. It is ideal if you need easy access to your data or need to back up, archive, or recover data and multimedia content.
Multiple connectivity options
The external hard drive enclosure supports USB 3.0, also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1, and eSATA, which enables you to access your data through your preferred interface. For fast performance and efficient data transfers, when connected through eSATA, the enclosure supports full SATA III transfer speeds - up to 6Gbps.
For universal compatibility, the enclosure can be connected through USB 3.0 with transfer speeds up 5Gbps, plus support for UASP. The HDD enclosure lets you connect a SATA III (6Gbps) hard drive, but is also compatible with SATA I and II.
Ease of use
The hard drive enclosure enables you to swap drives in and out as needed, with the trayless design. The enclosure is simple to set up and easy to use, with its plug-and-play functionality. It’s is also equipped with an LED light to indicate power and activity.
Compact design works great with your Mac or PC
With a sleek, compact style, this hard drive enclosure is a perfect desktop companion for your Mac or PC. It occupies minimal space and features a fanless design that keeps the enclosure quiet so you to focus on what’s important.
The S351BMU33ETG is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Retrieve data from an old SATA drive, or turn the unused drive into additional external storage space
- Hot-swap drives using a single enclosure instead of having to swap separate enclosures
- Share large files between computers quickly and securely without a network connection
- Perfect for creative professionals, office, government, and medical personnel, sales executives, teachers, and research scientists who require access to important data and files
|Bus Type||USB 3.0 & eSATA|
|Chipset ID||ASMedia - ASM1153E
ASMedia - ASM1456
|Compatible Drive Types||SATA|
|Interface||USB 3.0 & eSATA|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Number of internal 3.5 inch bays||1|
|Hot Swap Capability||Yes|
|Insertion Rating||50,000 cycles|
|Max Drive Capacity||Currently tested with up to 10TB 7200 RPM hard drives|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||6 Gbps|
|Type and Rate||USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s|
|SATA III (6 Gbps)|
|Drive Connectors||1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin)|
|Host Connectors||1 - eSATA (7 pin, Data) Female|
|1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Power/Activity|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.8 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Current||2000 mA|
|Output Voltage||12V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||24W|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Humidity||5% to 65%|
|Operating Temperature||0⁰C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 55°C (-4°F to 131°F)|
|Product Height||1.4 in [3.5 cm]|
|Product Length||8.3 in [21 cm]|
|Product Width||5.3 in [13.5 cm]|
|Weight of Product||18.4 oz [522 g]|
|Package Height||3.9 in [10 cm]|
|Package Length||9.4 in [24 cm]|
|Package Width||6 in [15.3 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||2.4 lb [1.1 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - hard drive enclosure|
|1 - enclosure stand|
|1 - USB 3.0 cable|
|1 - eSATA cable|
|1 - universal power adapter (NA/JP, EU, UK, ANZ)|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Turn a 2.5” SATA Hard Drive or Solid State Drive into a UASP supported USB 3.0 External Hard Drive
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.