1 Port RS232 Serial Ethernet Device Server - PoE Power Over Ethernet
Connect to, configure and remotely manage an RS-232 serial device over an IP network
Product ID: NETRS2321POE
- Supports standard Ethernet or Power over Ethernet (POE)
- Supports UDP, IP, TCP, ICMP, HTTP, DHCP and ARP-Ping protocols
- Wall mountable
The NETRS2321POE 1 Port RS232 Serial Ethernet Device Server - PoE (Power Over Ethernet) allows you to install your RS232 devices anywhere on your TCP/IP Ethernet WAN/LAN, and access them as if they were right beside you - even over the Internet!
The Serial Device Server is designed to function seamlessly with your other integrated and add-on serial ports as if they were right inside your computer. Perfect for industrial automation, security, Point of Sale, or any long-range serial application, delivering reliable performance in any environment.
The Ethernet/serial device server supports PoE (Power over Ethernet) when connected to a PoE compliant device - eliminating the need for an external power supply and outlet, and making it easier to situate the device server as needed.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Manufacturing (CNC machinery, process control equipment, bar code scanners, serial printers)
- Security (UPS control, access key panels, video cameras, card readers)
- Environmental Control (lighting, temperature, clocks)
- POS (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales)
- Hospital (monitoring equipment, nurses' stations)
- Hotel Front Desk (serial printers, bar code scanners, keyboard, mouse, receipt printer, credit/debit card reader)
- Hospitality/Restaurant (credit card/debit card reader, serial printers)
The StarTech.com Advantage
- PoE support gives you the freedom to situate your serial device where it is needed even when no power outlet is available
- IP-based connection to your serial devices allows remote administration from anywhere; even over the Internet
- Remotely connect to multiple NETRS2321POE units with a single PC for simple and efficient management of devices from a single location
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet|
|Data Bits||6, 7, 8|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||115.2Kbps|
|Stop Bits||1, 2|
|Supported Protocols||UDP, IP, TCP, ICMP, HTTP, DHCP, ARP-Ping|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - DB-9 (9 pin, D-Sub) Male|
|1 - RJ-45 Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® Vista (32), XP (32), 2000|
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|Patents and Licenses||The following patents are licensed for this product. This list might not be all inclusive.
• United States Patent No. 5,406,260 (expired)
• United States Patent No. 6,650,622
• United States Patent No. 7,457,250
• United States Patent No. 8,155,012
• United States Patent No. 8,902,760
• United States Patent No. 8,942,107
• United States Patent No. 9,019,838
• United States Patent No. 9,049,019
• United States Patent Application No. 14/695,456
• United States Patent Application No. 14/726,940
|LED Indicators||3 - Heartbeat, Link/Activity, 10/100 Mbps|
|Center Tip Polarity||Positive|
|Input Current||0.3 A|
|Input Voltage||100 - 240 AC|
|Output Voltage||12V DC|
|Power Consumption (In Watts)||1.2|
|Power Source||AC Adapter Included|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 55°C (32°F to 131°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 85°C (-4°F to 185°F)|
|Product Height||1 in [2.5 cm]|
|Product Length||4.2 in [10.7 cm]|
|Product Width||2.6 in [66.3 mm]|
|Weight of Product||9.1 oz [259 g]|
|Package Height||2.8 in [70 mm]|
|Package Length||7.6 in [19.2 cm]|
|Package Width||11.7 in [29.6 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||34 oz [963 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - Industrial Serial over IP Device Server|
|1 - Universal Power Adapter (NA/UK/EU)|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
CompatibilityView full OS compatibility
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Virtual COM port
One of the most common applications of a network serial device is to use it to make a standard serial device accessible on a network. To do this, you need to connect a standard serial device to the DB-9 port on the network serial device. Next you need to connect the network serial device to a TCP/IP network using an Ethernet connection, and then install software on a client machine in order to access the network serial device. The software on the client machine communicates with the network serial device and creates (maps) a virtual COM port on your computer system. The virtual COM port is identical to a physical COM port and can be used in the same way.
Serial IP extender
You can use two network serial devices to extend a serial connection over a TCP/IP network. To do this, you need to configure one serial device as a client and the other as a server. The client and server are configured to transmit and receive data to their respective IP addresses and TCP ports. The serial settings must match for all connected serial devices, including the UART on both units. Depending on the serial device that you are using, you can use the provided software or the web interface to set the configurations.
UDP to serial adapter
You can use a network serial device to translate UDP data to a standard serial connection. The serial device is configured to listen for UDP traffic from specific IP addresses and ports, and will asynchronously transmit the data out of the serial port on the device. To do this, you need to configure UART on the network serial device to match the specifications of the serial receiver.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.