- New Products
- Laptop Docking Stations
- Display and Video Adapters
- Audio-Video Products
- Server Management
- Hard Drive Accessories
- Add-on Cards & Peripherals
- Networking IO Products
- Display Mounts and Ergonomics
- Laptop Locks
- Computer Parts
Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Converter Cable - 6 ft (2m) - 4K
Eliminate clutter by connecting your PC or Mac® directly to an HDMI display
Product ID: MDP2HDMM2MB
- Astonishing video quality with support for video resolutions up to 4K at 30 Hz
- Reduce clutter with a 6ft adapter cable
- Avoid the hassle of converters that require additional cabling and power adapters with a plug-and-play cable adapter
This 6-foot Mini DisplayPort™ to HDMI® adapter cable offers a single-cable connection from your mDP equipped Microsoft® Surface™ Pro, MacBook or Ultrabook™ laptop to an HDMI display or projector.The passive adapter supports video resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K and is Thunderbolt™ compatible when connected directly to a supporting DisplayPort over Thunderbolt I/O port.
Astonishing picture quality
This adapter cable ensures you can maintain an astonishing picture quality, four times the resolution of 1080p, when converting Mini DisplayPort to HDMI.
The adapter is also backward compatible with lower resolution displays and video sources. With support for high-definition resolutions of 1080p and 720p, you can future-proof your existing setup for 4K video.
For the simplest and most discreet installation, this mDP to HDMI adapter connects directly from your Mini DisplayPort video source to the HDMI port on your display. It doesn't need a power source, unlike some converter dongles that require active power and separate video cabling.
At 6ft in length, this adapter cable delivers a compact connection that eliminates excess to ensure a tidy, professional installation. For shorter installations, we also offer a 3 ft mDP to HDMI cable (MDP2HDMM1MB) enabling you to choose the right cable length for your custom installation needs.
The MDP2HDMM2MB is backed by a 3-year StarTech.com warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Connect a Mini DisplayPort computer to an HDMI display at your classroom desk or workstation
- Use in your boardroom or office workstations for installations requiring 6 feet of cable
- Install in your home workstation to make your DisplayPort computer compatible with your HDMI display
- Connect your DP video source to a 4K HDMI display
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Achieve astonishing picture quality with support for 4K resolution at 30 Hz
- Reduce the clutter caused by adapters, with a cable that connects directly from your computer to your display
- Avoid the hassle of power adapters, with a plug-and-play cable adapter that does not require external power
Ingram Micro USA
|Active or Passive Adapter||Passive|
|AV Input||Mini DisplayPort - 1.2|
|Industry Standards||DPCP (DisplayPort Content Protection)
HDCP (High Definition Content Protection)
|Audio Specifications||7.1 surround sound|
|Maximum Cable Length||78.7 in [2000 mm]|
|Maximum Digital Resolutions||4K x 2K @ 30 Hz|
|Supported Resolutions||4k x 2K (Ultra HD)
|Wide Screen Supported||Yes|
|Connector A||1 - Mini-DisplayPort (20 pin) Male Input|
|Connector B||1 - HDMI (19 pin) Male Output|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (14°F to 158°F)|
|Cable Length||6.6 ft [2 m]|
|Product Height||0.6 in [1.5 cm]|
|Product Length||6.6 ft [2 m]|
|Product Width||1.6 in [41 mm]|
|Weight of Product||2.7 oz [75.2 g]|
|Package Height||0.6 in [15 mm]|
|Package Length||8.7 in [22 cm]|
|Package Width||1.6 in [41 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||4.2 oz [120 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - mDP to HDMI adapter cable|
Eliminate clutter by connecting your PC or Mac® directly to an HDMI display, using this short cable
1199+ In stock
US: 946 | CA: 253
Eliminate clutter by connecting your mDP computer directly to an HDMI display, using this 3-meter cable
1069+ In stock
US: 974 | CA: 95
Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Audio / Video Converter – mDP 1.2 to HDMI Active Adapter for UltraBook / Laptop – 4K @ 30 Hz - Black
Connect an HDMI® Display to a Mini DisplayPort® video source
2355+ In stock
US: 2228 | CA: 127
Connect your mDP computer to an HDMI display using this converter, which supports UHD resolutions up to 4K at 60Hz
3144+ In stock
US: 2920 | CA: 224
Eliminate clutter by connecting your Mac® or PC directly to an HDMI display using this short cable
191+ In stock
US: 180 | CA: 11
Eliminate clutter by connecting your Mac® or PC directly to an HDMI display
921+ In stock
US: 812 | CA: 109
Eliminate clutter by connecting your mDP computer directly to an HDMI display, using this 5-meter cable
116+ In stock
US: 57 | CA: 59
Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Audio / Video Converter – mDP 1.2 to HDMI Active Adapter for Mac Book Pro / Mac Book Air – 4K @ 30 Hz - White
Connect an HDMI Display to a Single Mode Mini DisplayPort video source
698+ In stock
US: 567 | CA: 131
Connect an HDMI® enabled display to a Mini DisplayPort® equipped PC or MAC
6120+ In stock
US: 6120 | CA: 0
Connect an HDMI®-capable display to a Mini-DisplayPort®-equipped PC or Mac® computer
1180+ In stock
US: 985 | CA: 195
Connect DVI capable devices to HDMI®-enabled devices and vice versa
Connect a DVI-D device to an HDMI®-enabled device using a standard HDMI cable
Extend the connection distance between your HDMI®-enabled devices by 2 meters
Allows an HDMI® connection to be mounted on a secure and easily accessible panel.
Protects HDMI®-capable Video card and monitor interfaces from damage and wear
A cost-effective way of joining 2 shorter Standard or High Speed HDMI® Cables together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
When you convert video from a source that uses DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort to DVI or HDMI (for example, a computer to a monitor), you will need to consider the difference between passive and active adapters.
If the source supports dual-mode DisplayPort (also known as DP++), then you can use a passive adapter because the source can perform the conversion. If the source does not support DP++, then you need to use an active converter, which includes additional chips to perform the conversion.
Thunderbolt ports support DP++ natively. To run multiple monitors from the same computer, refer to the Active Adapters section below.
Passive adapters are less expensive since they do not need to include additional chips. A quick way to check whether you can use a passive adapter is to see if the DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort source has the DP++ symbol above it. The symbol is a D with a P inside of it, with two + signs to the left, one on top of the other.
Active adapters use additional chips to make the conversion inside the adapter, regardless of whether the source supports DP++. This means that active adapters are more expensive than passive adapters.
If you want to use multiple monitors with the same computer, you should use an active adapter because some video cards cannot run the maximum number of monitors while using DP++. This is especially true if the computer has more than one DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort connection. Check with your video card manufacturer to confirm which type of adapter you need for the setup that you would like to run.
Note: You should use passive adapters with StarTech.com MST hubs, except when you are converting from DisplayPort to VGA, since that type of conversion requires active adapters. For more information on using adapters with StarTech.com MST hubs, refer to the following FAQ: http://www.startech.com/faq/mst_hubs_passive_vs_active_adapters.
If you experience issues when you connect passive video signal adapters to the Surface Dock, Microsoft recommends that you use active video signal converters instead. StarTech.com offers an active video signal converter for DVI monitors (MDP2DVIS) and for HDMI monitors (MDP2HD4KS).
Note: This issue does not apply to the Surface Pro 3 Docking Station.
If a DisplayPort converter with audio is not passing sound from the source to the destination, complete the following:
- Make sure that the DisplayPort connection on the video card is the default audio playback device.
- Make sure that the video card has the DisplayPort audio codec installed. If not, visit the video card manufacturer's website to find out how to update the video card driver.
Compliance and Safety
Warning: See Proposition 65 Notice
California Proposition 65 Warning
Warning: Cancer and reproductive harm — www.p65warnings.ca.gov
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Customer Reviews(0 reviews)
0 out of 5 stars
Quality of Product
Tell us what you think of this product.
Need a little help getting started? Check out our review guidelines.
Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Converter Cable - 6 ft (2m) - 4K
Product ID: MDP2HDMM2MB