2-Port PCI Express 10GBase-T Ethernet Network Card - with Intel X540 Chip
Add two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports (10Gbps) to a client, server or workstation through one PCI Express slot
Product ID: ST20000SPEXI
- Add two 100/1000/10Gbase-T RJ45 ports, providing cost-effective network connectivity for high bandwidth workstations and servers
- Intel X540 chipset with Intel® Virtualization Technology for Connectivity
- Up to 20Gbps (full duplex) bandwidth per port
Now, you can add 10 GbE networking, while minimizing your deployment costs. This 10Gbase-T network card (NIC) lets you add two RJ45 ports through a single PCI Express slot, to deliver reliable high-speed network connections to your workstations and servers without draining your budget.
Versatile and cost effective
Compatible with a broad range of operating systems, this versatile dual-port NIC is ideal for many business applications that require upgrades to servers or workstations. It’s a cost-effective way to enhance your server or computer capabilities by adding two powerful 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports, with support for advanced features such as VLAN tagging, jumbo frames, and Auto-MDIX.
Reliable, high-performance connectivity
This 2-port PCI Express 10GBase-T network card features the Intel® X540 chipset, designed to deliver the power, performance and enhanced capabilities you need for reliable network connections to your server or computer. The X540 chipset provides many advanced features including Intel® Virtualization Technology for connectivity and PXE network boot support.
Compliant with IEEE 802.3/u/ab standards, the network card delivers a dependable way to upgrade or replace your existing network ports with dual 100/1000/10G compatible RJ45 ports, providing throughput capability of up 10Gbps in each direction (20Gbps total). It connects through a single, four-lane (x8 or higher) PCI Express slot.
With a dual-profile design, the PCI Express network card installs easily into a wide range of computer/server chassis, regardless of form factor. The card comes equipped for installation in a full-sized chassis, and includes a low-profile/half-height installation bracket that you can use as needed.
The ST20000SPEXI is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Upgrades to servers or workstations in need of enhanced performance, advanced features and greater reliability
- Upgrade a 10/100/1000 Ethernet port on your computer to 10GbE networking
- Ideal for high-demand database servers and mission-critical systems that need redundant network connectivity
- Add networking capabilities to an old system with no Ethernet port
ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Intel - X540|
|Industry Standards||IEEE 802.3an (10GBASE-T), IEEE 802.3ab (1GBASE-T), IEEE 802.3u (100BASE-T), IEEE 802.3az (EEE - Energy Efficient Ethernet)
PCI Express Rev 2.0
|Interface||RJ45 (10 Gigabit Ethernet)|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Compatible Networks||100/1000/10000 Mbps (10Gb)|
|Full Duplex Support||Yes|
|Jumbo Frame Support||15K max.|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||20Gbps (full-duplex), 10Gbps (half-duplex)|
|Supported Protocols||IEEE 802.3ad (link aggregation), IEEE 802.1q (VLAN tagging)|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x8 Male|
|External Ports||2 - RJ-45 Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
Linux 2.4.x to 4.11.x LTS versions only
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available PCI Express x8 slot|
|LED Indicators||2 - Link Speed|
|2 - Link Activity|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||120 mm [4.7 in]|
|Product Length||163 mm [6.4 in]|
|Product Weight||157 g [5.5 oz]|
|Product Width||20 mm [0.8 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||242 g [8.5 oz]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Express 10GBase-T Ethernet card|
|1 - low-profile bracket|
|1 - instruction manual|
Windows Server® 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
Linux 2.4.x to 4.11.x LTS versions only
Add dual Gigabit Ethernet ports to a client, server or workstation through a PCI Express slot
Add a 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet port to any PC through a PCI Express slot
Frequently Asked Questions
Prior to installing this device, ensure that your operating system is up to date (for example, you have installed the most recent service pack).
To install the driver:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support). You can find the part number and product ID on the product’s packaging.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open the appropriate folder for your operating system.
- Right-click on either Windows 32bit.exe or Windows 64bit.exe as appropriate for your operating system.
- Click Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in Step 2.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install the device drivers and restart the computer when prompted.
- Your computer will automatically complete the driver installation and your device should be ready to use.
When you troubleshoot issues with a network adapter, there are some quick tests that you can complete to rule out potential problems. You can test to make sure that the following components are working correctly and are not the source of the issue:
- Ethernet cables
- Network devices
- Computer system
To test your setup components, try the following:
- Use the Ethernet cables, network devices, and computer system in another setup to see if the problem is with the components or the setup.
- Use different Ethernet cables, network devices, and a different computer system in your setup to see if the problem persists. Ideally, you should test a component that you know works in another setup.
When you test your cables, it is recommended that you do the following:
- Test each cable individually.
- Use short cables when you are testing.
When you test the Ethernet cables, network devices, and computer system, it is recommended that you do the following:
- In Device Manager, check under Network Adapters. To open Device Manager, press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press Enter.
- If you are using a USB network adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#usb-cannot-detect-windows.
- If you are using a PCI/PCIe network adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#pci-pcie-cannot-boot-os-or-detect-windows.
- If you are using a CardBus/ExpressCard adapter and you do not see the network adapter listed in Device Manager, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/support/faqs/technical-support?topic=expansion-cards#cb-ec-cannot-detect-windows.
- If the device is listed with an error, follow the instructions on the product page to reinstall the drivers.
- Check to see if your network devices (for example, a network switch, router, and so on) use compatible protocols (for example, 10/100, Gigabit, and so on).
- Make sure that the link LEDs on the adapter are illuminated when it is plugged into a network device. If the link LEDs are illuminated, it means that a good electrical connection exists between the devices.
- If you use a wall jack with an Ethernet cable, make sure that the jack is patched in properly.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.