3 Port 2b 1a PCI 1394b FireWire Adapter Card with DV Editing Kit
Add 2 FireWire-800 and 1 FireWire-400 to your desktop computer through a PCI slot
Product ID: PCI1394B_3
The PCI1394B_3 3-Port PCI FireWire Adapter Card turns a PCI slot into 2 FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) ports and 1 FireWire 400 (IEEE 1394a) port - a cost-effective solution that lets you connect FireWire 800 devices, as well as older FireWire 400 devices to your desktop computer.
A versatile FireWire solution, the adapter card works in both 5v and 3.3v PCI slots and in 64-bit and 32-bit operating environments, making it easy to create a high-speed laptop digital media center, or connect demanding FireWire peripheral devices such as portable hard drives, DV camcorders, digital cameras and CD-RW/DVD-RW drives.
This high quality adapter card is designed to provide reliable FireWire 800 and FireWire 400 connections, delivering 800 Mbps and 400 Mbps data transfer rates respectively (a 64-bit PCI slot is required to achieve 800 Mbps data transfer rates).
The PCI1394B_3 is backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Add both 9-pin and 6-pin FireWire ports from a single card with data transfer speeds up to 800Mbps and 400Mbps respectively
- Includes a Digital Video Editing kit to get started importing video right out of the box
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support
Add a high-speed FireWire port to a desktop without any FireWire ports
Connect a digital camera to a PCI/PCI-X enabled desktop to download photos and video
Connect a high-speed external hard drive to an PCI/PCI-X enabled system
|Bus Type||PCI / PCI-X (5 / 3.3V)|
|Card Type||Standard Profile|
|Chipset ID||Texas Instruments - 3AA651W|
|Industry Standards||PCI 2.2, OHCI, IEEE-1394B, IEEE-1394A, IEEE-1394|
|Interface||FireWire 400 (1394a)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||800 Mbps|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI / PCI-X (Universal 3.3 & 5V, 64-bit) Male|
|External Ports||1 - FireWire 400 (6 pin, IEEE 1394a) Female|
|2 - FireWire 800 (9 pin, IEEE 1394b) Female|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10
Mac OS® 10.2.x
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Unused PCI slot|
|The PCI1394B_3 must be installed in a 64-bit PCI slot to achieve 800 Mbps data transfer rates. In a 32-bit PCI slot, the card defaults to 400 Mbps as the data transfer speed for all attached peripherals, including FireWire 800 devices|
|Product Height||99 mm [3.9 in]|
|Product Length||167 mm [6.6 in]|
|Product Weight||89 g [3.1 oz]|
|Product Width||18 mm [0.7 in]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.3 kg [0.6 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI FireWire Card|
|1 - FireWire Cable|
|1 - Software CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Mac OS® 10.2.x
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy
Yes. This PCI card uses a universal connector keyed for both 3.3V and 5V that can be used with PCI and PCI-X. This type of connector is identified as having 2 separate notches, instead of just one.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.