Before you install the device, make sure that your operating system is current (for example, the most recent service pack is installed).
- Navigate to http://www.startech.com/Support and download the latest software. The part number and product ID are on the product packaging.
Note: Windows usually saves the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- When the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, right-click the CypressGx3DriverInstaller.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Run as Administrator option is not available, you might be attempting to run the installer from within the zipped file. Extract the files using the instructions in step 2.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- When prompted to, restart your computer.