2-Port PCI Express FireWire Card - PCIe FireWire 1394a Adapter
PCI Express to Firewire Adapter | FireWire 400 | Texas Instruments TSB82AA2
Product ID: PEX1394A2V2
The PEX1394A2V 2-Port PCI Express FireWire Card lets you add two FireWire 400 ports to your desktop PC. This TAA compliant product adheres to the requirements of the US Federal Trade Agreements Act (TAA), allowing government GSA Schedule purchases.
Add FireWire to the latest computers with PCI Express slots. Keep using your legacy devices that would not otherwise be compatible with new computers. This allows you to connect IEEE 1394A FireWire devices such as digital cameras, external hard drives, DV camcorders, printers and more
For broad compatibility, the PCIE firewire adapter is natively supported in Windows® with no additional drivers required. The 2 port PCI Express 1394a Firewire Card comes equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers. PCI Express to Firewire adapter is also compatible with macOS 10.10 through 10.13.
The Choice of IT Pros Since 1985
StarTech.com conducts thorough compatibility and performance testing on all our products to ensure we are meeting or exceeding industry standards and providing high-quality products to IT Professionals. Our local StarTech.com Technical Advisors have broad product expertise and work directly with our StarTech.com Engineers to provide support for our customers both pre and post-sales.
PEX1394A2V2 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free, lifetime technical support.
- Connect a digital camera to a desktop with a PCI Express slot to download photos and video
- Add a high-speed FireWire port to a desktop/server without any FireWire ports
- Connect a high-speed external hard drive to a PCI Express-enabled system
Ingram Micro Belgium
Ingram Micro España
Ingram Micro Italy
Ingram Micro Netherlands
Ingram Micro Sweden
ALSO DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
Ingram Micro France
Tech Data - Belgium
Tech Data - France
Tech Data - Italy
Tech Data - Netherlands
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||Texas Instruments - TSB82AA2|
|Interface||FireWire 400 (1394a)|
|Port Style||Integrated on Card|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||400 Mbps|
|Type and Rate||FireWire 400 IEEE-1394a - 400 Mbit/s|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1|
|External Ports||2 - FireWire 400 (6 pin, IEEE 1394a)|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server® 2003
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available PCI Express Slot|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 80°C (-4°F to 176°F)|
|Product Length||8.9 cm [3.5 in]|
|Weight of Product||49.000|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||117.000|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Express FireWire Card|
|1 - Full Profile Bracket (pre-installed)|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Quick-Start Guide|
Windows Server® 2003
Add 2 native FireWire 800 ports to your low profile/small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
104+ In stock
Add 2 native FireWire 800 ports to your computer through a PCI Express expansion slot
90+ In stock
Add 2 FireWire800 ports to a laptop through an ExpressCard slot
15+ In stock
Add 2 Firewire 400 ports to any ExpressCard equipped laptop
1+ In stock
Add 4 FireWire ports to a desktop computer through a PCI slot
Frequently Asked Questions
- Download the Microsoft Firewire 1394 Legacy Driver Installer
- Double-click to run the 1394_OHCI_LegacyDriver.msi file. This will extract the drivers to: C:\Program Files (x86)\1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)\
- Open the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)\X64_driver\
- Right-click on Legacy1394.inf and choose Install to install the drivers
- Press the Windows Key + R
- Type devmgmt.msc
- Click OK
- In Device Manager, expand IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers
- Right-click on 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
- Click Update Driver Software
- Click Browse my computer for driver software
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Click 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)
- Click Next
- (When Windows has finished installing the driver) click Close
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.