How do I setup my network serial device in Windows?
Before you continue, make sure that your computer can communicate with the network serial device over your network. For more information, refer to the following FAQ.
To set up your network serial device, you will need to install and configure the included software. To install the driver software, complete the following:
- Download the latest drivers from the StarTech.com website (http://www.startech.com/Support) and enter NETRS2322P in the Search by Product Number box.
Note: Windows will typically save the files to the Downloads folder that is associated with your user account (for example, C:\Users\your_name\Downloads).
- Once the download is complete, right-click the zip folder that you downloaded, select Extract All, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the list of extracted files, select the folder for your operating system, and open the 32-bit or the 64-bit folder, depending on your system type.
Note: To view your system type, click Start. Right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Right-click the EMTDST-[x].exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
To configure the software to add a virtual COM port to your computer, complete the following:
- Open EMT VSP Manager from the Start Menu.
- Click Add.
- Click Browse for DS….
- Double-click on the server in the list.
Note: If you have multiple servers in the list, you may use the Buzz! button to identify the unit. The unit that has been buzzed will blink the top red LED on the unit.
- Set the VSP name to your desired COM number (e.g. COM1).
- Beside MAC-address is the port number. Port 1 on the NETRS2322P is 1001, Port 2: 1002.
- Press OK to add the COM port to Windows.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 1-7 for the remaining COM port on the unit.
You will now be able to use the COM port(s) in your application. To test the COM port, refer to the following FAQ: https://www.startech.com/faq/serial_loopback_test_rs232_windows#NETRS2322P