S-Video / Composite to USB Video Capture Cable w/ TWAIN and Mac Support
Capture and convert an S-Video or Composite video on your PC or Mac®, as digital media
Works with Mac® or Windows® computers
Choose from MPEG-1, MPEG-2, or MPEG-4 video encoding
Features TWAIN support for use with various software titles
120 | Canada:
We will transfer stock to fulfill your order at no extra cost. If the quantity shown for our US warehouse isn’t enough to fulfill your order, we will transfer the required stock from our Canadian warehouse.
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from USA if ordered by 5pm ET*
The SVID2USB23 USB 2.0 S-Video & Composite Video Capture Cable offers an easy to use analog video capture solution, enabling you to grab video from an S-Video or Composite video source, as well as the accompanying 2-channel RCA audio, to your Mac® or Windows® computer.
The cable connects to your desktop or laptop computer through USB 2.0, and is compact enough to fit in the palm of your hand, providing a conveniently portable video capture solution that's more than suitable for use with laptops and desktop computers alike.
An easy-to-use device for recording analog video to your computer from external sources, such as a VCR or camcorder the SVID2USB23 offers the perfect solution for Betamax or VHS video capture, with real-time MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 encoding, as well as TWAIN support, to ensure compatibility with a wide range of systems and software.
This analog video capture cable supports a broad range of operating systems, delivering seamless analog video capture for Mac® computers (OS 10.X), and Windows® PCs (Windows® 7, Windows® 2000/XP(32/64-bit)/Vista(32/64-bit)).
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Support for both Mac® and Windows® operating systems ensures convenient cross-platform compatibility
- The supplied software supports NTSC, PAL and SECAM video capture input formats, as well as multiple file format options, delivering maximum flexibility for more convenient video capture
- TWAIN support allows for choice of various video capture and editing software titles
- Features a small, lightweight USB-powered design, which makes for a sleek and portable video capture solution
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Apple® OSX 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
- Convert VHS home movies to digital format - Connect your VCR, camcorder, or any other analog video source to your Mac or PC and capture your audio/video in MPEG 1/2/4 format
- Import recorded videos onto your Mac® or Windows® computer for editing, and make your own compilation
|ASI Distribution USA||112873|
|D and H||SVID2USB23|
|Ingram Micro USA||KF0786|
|Chipset ID||eMPIA EM2861|
|Converter Type||Format Converter|
|Industry Standards||NTSC, PAL, SECAM
Video Encoding: MPEG 1, MPEG 2, and MPEG 4.
|Maximum Analog Resolutions||720x480(NTSC) / 720x576(PAL)|
|Maximum Data Transfer Rate||480Mbps|
|Connector A||1 - USB Type-A (4 pin) USB 2.0 Male Output|
|Connector B||1 - Composite Video (1 x RCA) Female Input|
|1 - Stereo Audio (2 x RCA) Female Input|
|1 - S-Video (4 pin, Mini-DIN) Female Input|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Apple® OSX 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
|Humidity||5~85% RH Non-condensing|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Product Height||0.6 in [14 mm]|
|Product Length||3.1 in [80 mm]|
|Product Weight||2.5 oz [70 g]|
|Product Width||1.3 in [34 mm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.4 lb [0.2 kg]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - USB Video Capture Cable|
|1 - Software CD|
|1 - Driver CD|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Share your opinions about this product
Thanks for sharing your opinions about the SVID2USB23. When writing your review, please focus on the performance and quality of this product. Your comments will help guide others. If possible, include examples of how you use the product, things you like or things you wish were different about it.
Average Customer Ratings
|Quality of Product|
Simple install and works great to capture analog video. Just make sure device is connected to a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port. USB 1.1 port will cause dropped frames during capture.
Capture and Convert Video Like A Pro!
The “Composite to USB Video Capture Cable” works exactly as expected! I use this to transfer my old home movies and tapes to my computer and I love this device! I did have a small problem in first using the cable in updating drivers. However, StarTech.com technical support was able to help me resolve it easily. They answered my questions and addressed my concerns quickly, in a very professional and user-friendly manner. An unexpected and pleasant surprise was their outstanding follow-up. I am very pleased I purchased this device from StarTech.com. Other companies could learn how real sales and technical support works by calling StarTech.com!
I purchased this product, hoping it would meet all my expectations...sadly, it never gave me the chance to see if if worked.. after 4 hours of trying to download/install the drivers for it.. it finally told me it wasn't "compatible with the system"... I am running Windows 8.1.. so, despite the claim that it will work with that O/S.. it won't.. when I can afford to upgrade my O/S.. I will purchase this item again and see if it works.
I purchased the USB video converter to convert my VHS tapes to digital but I guess it is not compatible with Windows 8. Any suggestions?
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- What is a video capture card, and how can I tell if it will work in my setup?
- How can I tell if my video source will be compatible with this video capture card?
- Does this video capture card support the use of third party software?
- Can this video capture card record from more than one input at a time?
- How do I install my SVID2USB23 adapter in Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8? (.exe method)
- Is there a different or more advanced way to install my SVID2USB23 in Windows Vista / 7 / 8? (.inf method)
- Both the audio and video devices are showing up as audio devices in Device Manager in Windows. What do I do?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do?
Drivers & Downloads
[SVID2USB23] Composite to USB Capture Cable.zip
- Country of Origin (COO)
- Letter of Conformity (LOC)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Same day shipping is only available for orders shipping within the United States.
Startech.com - S-Video / Composite to USB Video Capture Cable w/ TWAIN and Mac Support