Monitors may begin flickering when they receive a signal of insufficient quality. There are a few potential fixes available that will help to improve the signal quality in order to eliminate flickering:
- Replace Video Cables with high-quality Video Cables (e.g. upgrade DisplayPort 1.2 Cables to DisplayPort 1.4 Cables).
- Use shorter Video Cables to reduce signal attenuation.
- When possible, remove Video Adapters to use native Video Connection Types (e.g. go from VGA to VGA, or DisplayPort to DisplayPort)
- For DisplayPort Monitors, try changing the DisplayPort Version on the Monitor. For information on how to change your Monitor Settings refer to the Manual from the Monitor Manufacturer.
- Update the Drivers for the Computer’s GPU to the latest available from the Monitor Manufacturer.