1 Port PCI Express IDE Controller Adapter Card
Product ID: PEX2IDE
Add a 2-channel IDE port to a computer through a PCI Express slot
2-channel IDE port supports two drives
48-bit LBA support
Supports ATA/ATAPI commands
Same Day Shipping on in-stock items from Europe if ordered by 3pm CET*
This PCI Express IDE Controller Adapter Card provides a cost-effective way to use legacy drives with modern computers, by converting a PCI Express port into an IDE port.
Providing data burst transfer rates of up to 133MBps and support for PIO 0/1/2/3/4 and UDMA 33/66/100/133 operating modes, the IDE controller card offers an efficient way to add an IDE channel with support for two IDE drives on the same channel.
A complete dual profile solution, the PCI Express IDE controller card provides both standard and low profile brackets for adapting to slimline or small form factor system applications.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- 2-channels support two IDE drives simultaneously with support for UDMA 6 transfer mode
- Support for 48-bit LBA for compatibility with high capacity hard drives over 137 GB
- Backed by a StarTech.com lifetime warranty and free lifetime technical support
Common Customer Questions
View full OS compatibility
Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), 2000
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2
- Add an additional IDE port to a computer system
- Replace a failed IDE port
- Add an IDE port for connecting legacy ATA devices such as old hard drives and tape drives
|Ingram Micro Belgium||1595736|
|Ingram Micro España||V930626|
|Ingram Micro Italy||V930626|
|Ingram Micro Netherlands||1595736|
|Ingram Micro France||V930626|
|Ingram Micro Sweden||V930626|
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Card Type||Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.)|
|Chipset ID||JMicron - JMB368|
|Connector Type(s)||1 - PCI Express x1 Male|
|Internal Ports||1 - IDE (40 Pin; EIDE/PATA) Male|
|OS Compatibility||Windows® 10 (32/64), 8 / 8.1 (32/64), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), 2000
Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2
|Special Notes / Requirements|
|System and Cable Requirements||Available PCI Express expansion slot|
|Product Weight||120 g [4.2 oz]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||0.2 kg [0.4 lb]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - PCI Express IDE Controller Card|
|1 - IDE Cable|
|1 - Low Profile Bracket|
|1 - Instruction Manual|
Frequently Asked Questions
Before You Buy:
- Is there a minimum size of IDE hard drives I can use with this hard drive accessory?
- Will this device work with optical drives such as CD-ROM drives, DVD-ROM drives, and Blu-ray players?
- How do I initialize a brand new hard drive in Windows?
- What do MBR and GPT mean, and when do I use them?
- My hard drive accessory is not detecting my IDE hard drive. What do I do?
- I installed my new expansion card and now the computer cannot load the operating system. What do I do?
- I have installed my new expansion card but Windows cannot detect it. What do I do?
- Everything is hooked up but nothing is working. What should I do? (Windows)
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.