November 07, 2014
StarTech.com’s new Thunderbolt adapters integrate dual interface connectivity into a single adapter, enabling users to expand the connection options of their Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook® or laptop. The adapters harness the ultra-fast bandwidth of Thunderbolt, each offering two essential, full-speed connection ports.
Lockbourne, OH - November 7th, 2014- StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the upcoming release of two new Thunderbolt adapters, including a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0 Adapter (TB2USB3GE) and a Thunderbolt to eSATA and USB 3.0 Adapter (TB2USB3ES). The new adapters enable users to harness the speed and reliability of Thunderbolt, to add two essential connection ports to their MacBook or Thunderbolt-equipped laptop through a single host connection.
Based on the incredible bandwidth offered by Thunderbolt, the new adapters offer full-speed connections from each of the ports provided, avoiding connection bottlenecks, even when both ports are in use.
"StarTech.com continues to provide connectivity solutions that allow users to get more from their Thunderbolt ports" said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. "These adapters provide a cost-effective solution by extending the use of a single port, saving the expense of using multiple adapters or having to upgrade peripherals and devices for compatibility".
Features of StarTech.com's new Thunderbolt adapters include:
- 1 x USB 3.0 port with UASP support, for connecting an additional USB 3.0 device or syncing your tablet
or smartphone with a Thunderbolt-equipped computer
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to a wired network -1 Gbps bandwidth (TB2USB3GE only)
- 1 x eSATA port with SATA III support, 5 Gbps bandwidth for connection to external eSATA hard drives and SSDs (TB2USB3ES only)
- Durable, compact design, with an integrated Thunderbolt cable
- Supports Thunderbolt data rates of up to 10Gbps, with 2 dedicated PCI Express lanes (one per port)
- Stylish design with silver sandblast finish
- Rubberized side grips for easy handling
- Bus-powered performance, with no external power required
- Hassle-free plug-and-play installation
MSRP for StarTech.com's Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0 Adapter (TB2USB3GE) and Thunderbolt to eSATA and USB 3.0 Adapter (TB2USB3ES) is $127.99 (USD) in the United States, $131.99 (CAN) in Canada, £102.99 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. These products will be available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will be distributed by Ingram Micro, SYNNEX, Tech Data, D&H and ASI.
For questions about this announcement, please contact Andrew Stephen at 1-800-265-1844 ext. 1248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
StarTech.com is an ISO 9001:2000 registered manufacturer of hard-to find connectivity parts including A/V products, computer parts, cables and server management solutions. Founded in 1985, StarTech.com has locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, The United Kingdom, Europe and Taiwan, servicing a worldwide market.