U.2 to PCIe Adapter for 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD - SFF-8639 - x4 PCI Express 3.0
Mount a 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD into your desktop computer or server, using an available PCIe expansion slot
Product ID: PEX4SFF8639
- Boost system speed and performance by adding a PCIe NVMe U.2 SSD to your PC
- Simplify system builds with a U.2 to PCIe adapter that mounts your SSD directly to the adapter, with no need for adapter cables
- PCI Express 3.0 x4 lane host adapter
Get ultra-fast data access by adding an NVMe U.2 SSD to your computer. This U.2 to PCIe adapter lets you add a high-speed, U.2 (4-lane PCIe) 2.5" NVMe SSD, such as the Intel® 750 Series drive, to a PC with an available x4 PCI Express expansion slot.
You can mount the PCIe U.2 drive directly onto the adapter, giving you an easy and convenient way to improve your system performance and expand overall internal storage.
Boost your system speed and performance
The expansion card lets you take full advantage of the fast performance and compact size of PCIe U.2 internal solid-state drives. The adapter connects directly to your computer motherboard to support an NVMe U.2 PCIe-based SSD through ultra-fast x4 PCIe. With the U.2 PCIe-based drive in place, the adapter gives your computer a significant speed boost.
Easy to install
The expansion card is equipped with a full-profile bracket and doesn’t require an adapter cable for installation, this helps to reduce clutter and simplifies system builds. The drive connects directly to the SFF-8639 connector on the adapter, and the adapter connects directly to the computer motherboard.
The adapter is compatible with PCIe 3.0 motherboards and is also backward compatible with PCIe 2.0 and PCIe 1.0.
The PEX4SFF8639 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
- Upgrade your data-center or enterprise-level applications with U.2 NVMe SSD capability
- Utilize the advanced performance of a PCIe U.2 NVMe 2.5 in. SSD for intensive data workloads
- Work with large files more efficiently for audio/video production and editing
- Enhance productivity for data-heavy applications, ideal for developers and content creators
Ingram Micro Australia
|Bus Type||PCI Express|
|Compatible Drive Types||U.2 (PCIe, NVMe, SFF-8639)|
|Number of Drives||1|
|Supported Drive Height(s)||15mm|
|Hot Swap Capability||No|
|Drive Connectors||1 - U.2 (PCIe, NVMe, SFF-8639)|
|Host Connectors||1 - PCI Express x4 Male|
|OS Compatibility||OS independent; No software or drivers required|
|LED Indicators||1 - Activity Terminal/Header|
|Humidity||15% ~ 90% RH|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 50°C (41°F to 122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)|
|Product Height||0.9 in [2.2 cm]|
|Product Length||6.5 in [16.5 cm]|
|Product Width||4.8 in [12.2 cm]|
|Weight of Product||2.3 oz [65 g]|
|Package Height||1.8 in [45 mm]|
|Package Length||8.7 in [22 cm]|
|Package Width||6.3 in [16 cm]|
|Shipping (Package) Weight||5.7 oz [161 g]|
|What's in the Box|
|Included in Package||1 - drive adapter card|
|4 - drive-mounting screws|
|1 - quick-start guide|
Install two M.2 SSDs into a 2.5” bay to create high-performance storage with configurable RAID
Add two Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) M.2 SATA SSDs to your computer through PCI Express
Turn your solid state drive into an ultra-portable pocket drive
Convert an M.2 SSD into a 7mm high 2.5in SATA 6Gbps Open Frame SSD
Enhance your system by mounting four M.2 SATA-based SSDs into one 3.5” drive bay
Connect a PCIe M.2 SSD (NVMe or AHCI) to your computer through PCI Express for ultra-fast data access
Mount an M.2 NGFF SSD into your desktop computer, using a standard SATA host connection
Convert an M.2 solid state drive into a standard 2.5in form factor 6Gbps SSD
Turn your M.2 SATA drive into an ultra-fast, ultra-portable storage solution for USB-C enabled devices
Add two Next Generation Form Factor M.2 SSDs and two SATA ports to your computer through PCI Express
Add high-performance enterprise-class storage to your PC or server, by connecting a 2.5” PCIe U.2 SSD
Frequently Asked Questions
To fix this issue, a hotfix must be downloaded and installed. The hotfix will add native driver support for NVM Express (NVMe) drives that use the PCI Express (PCIe) bus in Windows® 7. We recommend that you contact the manufacturer of your NVMe drive to locate the download links and installation instructions for the hotfix associated with your drive.
Microsoft has provided some information to address this issue. For additional information visit the Microsoft Support site.
Compliance and Safety
- If product has an exposed circuit board, do not touch the product under power.
- If Class 1 Laser Product. Laser radiation is present when the system is open.
- Wiring terminations should not be made with the product and/or electric lines under power.
- Product installation and/or mounting should be completed by a certified professional as per the local safety and building code guidelines.
- Cables (including power and charging cables) should be placed and routed to avoid creating electric, tripping or safety hazards.
* Product appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.